Epic Report Writer (HIRED)
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 96 years. As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 140 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services.
In April 2017, Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat implemented Epic, a state of the art healthcare record platform used by over 250 million patients around the word. This ground-breaking platform allows Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat to provide optimum care for our patents. We are currently seeking to add to our Epic team. We are adding to our Data Analytics team and are seeking a Report Writer.
Strong candidates would have a background in healthcare informatics and have a passion for solving problems to provide data and analysis to positively impact quality outcomes. Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat will pay for all necessary training including the opportunity to obtain certification in Epic’s software. Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire date.
Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a background in healthcare informatics. The staff member in this role will analyze, provide specifications for, and write individual reports utilizing skills in SQL and Crystal Reports. Working with the Epic and Data Analytics team, they will focus on system support, maintenance, analysis, design, specifications documentation, change control, and versioning of all reporting components used to build and manage and perform reporting.
• Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and members of leadership to analyze trends and provide solutions to areas of opportunity.
• Define report requirements; design/develop/test/install/implements report-based programs; report programming designs; and codes/tests/ debugs/documents system scripts, programs and reports in application, web and database environments.
• Validate model system reports and identifying advanced reporting needs with report consumers.
• Meets with Epic application coordinators and report consumers to understand their reporting needs.
• Design and document the general functional requirements and detailed technical specifications for a report/database.
• Assess reporting needs to senior leadership and shareholders through investigations, analysis and evaluation to create desired reports.
• Receive and document formal requests including specifications (layout, calculations, data source, etc.)
• Create complex operational and project-related reports including analysis, design, documentation, versioning development, configuration, testing, implementation and ongoing support for Epic Clarity and Chronicles reports.
• Maintain existing reports and analyzes/evaluates requirements for new modified reports/databases
• Maintain data integrity and the ongoing quality control of delivered reports. Validates system build/reports designs and performs audit and report findings of security and data controls.
• Consult with and advise vendors and technical groups concerning the continued support of reports and databases
• Recommend changes to established guidelines, standards, methodologies and conventions as appropriate
• Analyze, design, document, develop, test, implement and maintain reporting user interfaces including alerts, prompts, screens, dashboards and templates.
• Prepare report management documentation to manage reports library, track project progress and reports problems in a timely fashion.
• Provides documentation and training to transfer knowledge.
• Collaborate and partner with executive leadership and shareholders and leaders within information systems, clinic operations, management, and reporting documenting main points, issues and key decisions.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with relational database concepts and query tools. Sound knowledge of SQL tuning and data extraction methodologies.
• Ability to use OLAP and OLTP technologies along with knowledge of data warehouses/data stores and data marts to execute SQL query techniques.
• Strong background in programming, systems analysis, design and problem solving.
• Ability to translate user requirements into functional & design specifications, communicate with report consumers to gather specifications, review designs, present drafts, and validate results.
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of healthcare related operations, procedures/functions and the relationships between them.
• Demonstrates the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with the project team, and key clinical stakeholders, including business services, nurses and physicians.
• Works closely and collaboratively with other project team members including business and clinical leaders.
• Demonstrate leadership abilities by participating and sometimes facilitating building, planning and problem-solving discussions with project teams, clinicians, and leadership.
• Strong organization, analysis and problem-solving skills required, with an emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent business analytical skills and general knowledge of statistics.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment, problem solve and develop solutions.
• Strong documentation and communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office or similar software required.
• Educational and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Health Information Management, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three years of additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of educational requirement.
• Strong working knowledge of SQL and Crystal Reporting required.
• Knowledge of reporting programs and tools reports creation and maintenance including Epic Reporting Workbench, Epic
• Clarity, Chronicles, and Crystal Reporting writing would be preferred by not required.
• Experience with business or clinical computer systems in the areas of data/information warehousing data and reporting of such data required.
• Solid understanding of computer systems, interfaces, software, and IT functions.
• Familiar with HIPAA, JCAHO and other regulations that impact hospitals and clinics.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment and an employer matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.