Coordinate all aspects of network support, desktop support, software troubleshooting and information technology business and telecommunications planning. This position requires the ability to think independently, plan strategically, and evaluate various services. This individual, in conjunction with Grubb’s IT consultants, will be responsible for coordinating the building of technology strategies to match business strategies.
• Provide ongoing network and desktop support for internal employees to include all end user hardware, operating systems, software, network connectivity, data management and other IT issues.
• Maintain hardware, including printers, monitors, desktops, laptops, and servers.
• Administer, execute, and maintain an effective telecommunication plan.
• Utilize IT consultants as necessary to develop and implement short-term and long-term technology infrastructure plans.
• Develop and maintain system of backups and disk space management.
• Negotiate and execute service contracts for all appropriate components of IT projects.
• Search for leading technologies and methods to improve the quality, performance, reliability and manageability of Grubb Properties’ computing platforms, environments and operating processes.
• Ensure efficient utilization of resources (equipment, software, space, tolls) and purchase inventory, track, and audit all physical assets.
• Work with a select group of vendors and manage vendor support and contractual commitments.
• Prepare and implement IT budget and project budgets.
• Establish security policies and procedures and ensure adherence to those policies across the company.
• Provide clear concise reports on current network infrastructure, need’s demands and shortfalls to management.
• Available during office hours of 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, as well as on-call at night an on weekends.
• Hands on, team oriented.
• Self-motivated and professional.
• High work standards.
• Comfortable working in a results-oriented environment.
• Four-year degree with an emphasis in technology and/or business.
• Three plus years of experience in the engineering of computer infrastructure technologies.
• Experience with Server Class Hardware, RAID configurations, SAN, WAN, LAN technologies.
• Proficient knowledge of current Server and Desktop virtualization systems, including VMWare, Hyper-V, or similar.
• Knowledge of Horizon View, Citrix, Microsoft RDP, or other virtual desktop platform required
• Proficient knowledge and experience with current Server Operating systems and the services therein (DHCP, WINS, Active Directory, IIS, Terminal Server, Server backups, and Scripting).
• Knowledge of Server Administration and Security.
• Knowledge and troubleshooting of TCP/IP.
• Strong job knowledge, project management and independent troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent people/customer service and oral/written communications skills.
• Experience with Palo Alto and/or Fortinet Firewalls.
• Familiarity with the pros and cons of all the network technologies.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear; climb, balance, stoop and kneel; lift up to 50 lbs; using close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
• Works in office setting under moderate supervision.
• Analytical and logical thinking and a detail-oriented work ethic is critical.
• Must successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks; frequent interruptions; clear concise communications.