Xceleration, a significant player in the unique employee engagement space, is headquartered in Charlotte, NC, with regional offices in Atlanta, NY, and Myrtle Beach, SC. We provide incentive and recognition solutions for our clients by combining the latest technology with our global expertise and years of industry experience. We encourage you to spend some time on our full-featured website (www.xceleration.com) to learn more about us, the services we provide to our varied clients, and our company culture!
We’re a team of bright, motivated professionals, each of whom brings unique perspectives, experience, ideas, and skills to our roles. Our company culture means everything to us – we call it CARE (Collaborative. Adaptable. Respectful. Efficient.) Every member of our team works hard to exemplify these qualities in every aspect of the work we do each day.
We’re looking for people who genuinely want to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our team. It’s not enough to be a cog in the machine here – and you’ll never be treated like one. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment: people who can think creatively, problem-solve quickly, and who welcome change and challenge with positivity. We’re always pushing ourselves and our solutions forward for our clients. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we hope you’ll join us!
This position is based in either Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA (I-285 / GA400 area) and reports to our Vice President of Financial Operations. We’re open to variations in work schedules to optimize commute times and preferences.
As a critical member of the Finance and Accounting team that will ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
• Perform all daily payroll department operations
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
• Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
• Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
• Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
• Execute attendance processing and interface with payroll as necessary
• Process 401K contributions and make necessary journal entries
• Perform compliance for unclaimed property payroll checks
• Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
• Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
• Update and reconcile monthly bank statements from ADP
• Assist with benefits process including enrollment and processing of vendor accounts payable
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
• 4-6 years of experience processing multi-state payroll
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices
• Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
• Working knowledge of ADP
• Knowledge of Quickbooks and Access a “plus”
• High degree of professionalism, strong work ethic, and a team player
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
• Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
• Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Competitive pay, perks, and thoughtful policies: company-paid holidays; generous PTO; flexible scheduling opportunities
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal, Short/Long-term Disability, 401(k) & Retirement planning
Open-door culture and professional development opportunities.
Our employees participate in Xcel!, our internal recognition program. You’ll use RewardStation® – our proprietary software – to give and receive points for a job well done. You can redeem your points in a catalog built just for our team, with exciting merchandise, gift cards, travel & experience options, and more!