Skipper is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled startup based in Charlotte, NC that’s revolutionizing the pet care industry through a top notch team and cutting-edge technology. We provide pet parents with an unparalleled level of convenience, accountability and care. Come join our team of dog lovers and be a part of the “next big thing” in pet care.
Skipper is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join us in building the future of pet care. Applicants should have a passion for making the complex simple through innovative design, and are experienced in UX design, interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and user testing.
The Product Designer will help shape the experiences of Skipper clients and team members, and will lead the design process for both improving our existing suite of products and creating new products.
• Lead product design process from ideation through deployment
• Participate in user discovery process for potential new features and products
• Coordinate user testing of new products and features
• Review the implementation of designs by the tech team
• Find ways to add small touches to our digital products that “surprise and delight” our clients
• Validate user issues with Skipper software and translate these into detailed projects for the engineering team
• Help shape product roadmap based on insights from Skipper software users
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of product design experience required
• You have a proven track record of success in building engaging products and a portfolio that showcases your work
• You consider yourself highly skilled in interaction design and visual design
• You have experience leading user testing and research sessions and translating that feedback into actionable tasks
• You have a deep understanding of software usability principles
• You have experience working with developers and translating designs for development needs
• You are a passionate champion for the user but also know how to factor business considerations into your design goals
• You not only welcome feedback from teammates, but you thrive on it
• You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable having discussions with users, engineers, and executives
• You’re analytical by nature and factor both quantitative and qualitative data points into your designs whenever possible
• You’re excited to help us validate our value proposition through excellent design
• This role is based in Charlotte, NC
• There is a relocation stipend available
• Skipper offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Dog-friendly office!
• Unlimited vacation policy
Current Digital Products:
Skipper’s current digital products include: an admin/operations web app, a client mobile app (react native), a client web app, and a team member mobile app (react native), with multiple other products in development.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.