Finance Manager (HIRED)
A Charlotte institution for nearly 40 years, Carolina Raptor Center is at the precipice of amazing change at gets set to move into Quest – a state-of-the-art nature center located at Latta Nature Preserve. The organization is seeking an organized, experienced financial professional to assist with the management of this new cultural asset and further establish the Raptor Center as a top Charlotte destination for hands-on STEM engagement.
Carolina Raptor Center ignites imaginations and inspires engagement in the natural world through the exploration and rehabilitation of birds of prey.
Carolina Raptor Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Carolina Raptor Center encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.
The Finance Manager is a key member of the Carolina Raptor Center Management Team, overseeing the organization’s general ledger accounting, human resource processing, business office management and financial reports for decision making. The position is now part-time with the potential to grow to full-time.
The organization is seeking an experienced professional with extensive QuickBooks experience, understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and the ability to communicate timely financial information to CRC Leadership and Board. The successful applicant will be organized, able to work independently, be detailed oriented and function as a member of the team. The Finance Manager is a self-starter, has an affinity for balancing priorities well, and stays abreast of business best practices and trends.
• Managing general ledger 70%; human resources 25%; and business office 5%
• Manage all accounts receivable and payable
• Make deposits
• Reconcile bank statements for multiple bank accounts
• Manage Quest / Capital Campaign payments in QuickBooks and maintain records
• Create Monthly Financial Reports
• Participate in monthly Finance Committee meeting to discuss financial status
• File and pay NC and SC Sales taxes
• Monitor Endowment Activity
• Assist with development of organizational budget
• Prepare for annual audit and assist auditor as needed
• Coordinate new hire on boarding process
• Maintain personnel records, job descriptions, and job changes
• Process Payroll
• Coordinate employee benefits program including annual benefits audits
• Assist with conducting periodic employment engagement surveys and provide report to leadership
• Monitor internal policies and assist in updating as needed
• Conduct exit interviews
• Coordinate various non-benefit insurance policies.
• Assist with vendor relationships
• Maintain records related to banking accounts, vendors, licenses, contracts, and insurance policies
• Minimum of Associate’s degree in business, accounting, finance, management, or other like program.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in bookkeeping required, non-profit experience preferred
• Computer skills: QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with strong Excel skills, and online payroll processing
• Valid North Carolina Drivers’ License
• Impeccable organizational skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to perform to high standards with tight and demanding time schedules.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively with staff, Board and vendors.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work/goals.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage time appropriately.
• Professional manner
• Understanding of CRC mission
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. $18-$20 per hour based on experience.Health and retirement benefits offered.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.