National Director of Home Operations
As the National Director of Home Operations, you will lead and manage a team of regional directors of operations, regional vendor managers, regional budget review teams. You will be instrumental in building the national renovation platform in new and existing Opendoor markets. You will work with and support city ops teams in markets across the eastern division of Opendoor. The team will leverage your experience to standardize operating systems, support centralization of key support functions and drive systematic improvements to current operating systems.
• Support Market General Managers, Division General Managers and the National Head of Home Operations by assisting in the interviewing and initial training of the Area Directors of Construction.
• Assist the Market General Managers and regional directors of construction in building a team of field and office based personnel designed to operate efficiently, compressing repair and renovation costs while maintaining product quality.
• Analyze speed, cost and quality performance metrics by market to identify opportunities for improvement and assist the Market • General Managers and local homes leadership in implementing corrective action.
• Assist the Area Directors of Construction in sourcing, vetting, on-boarding and managing a diverse set of local contractors and vendors.
• Support the Market General Managers and local homes leadership in defining and enforcing market quality and pricing standards.
• Act as liaison between market teams and national leadership.
• Support the National Head of Home Operations in all aspects of renovation operations.
• Support Market Ops Leads in the development of strategic goals and initiatives.
• Lead cross functional teams as needed to develop best in class tooling and standard operating procedures.
• 10+ years in residential construction/renovation management
• 10+ years of national or regional supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Skills/Specialized Knowledge
• General computer/software skills and willingness to learn new software programs
• Quantitative and data analysis skills
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
• Ability to travel extensively
• A team-first mentality and eagerness to set and meet aggressive goals