Assistant Lease Administrator
Under the direction of Senior Lease Administrator, Commercial, the Commercial Assistant Lease Administrator is responsible for ensuring that accurate lease information and specifications are provided within the company’s Yardi software system.
• Works closely with Sr. Lease Administrator, property managers and accountants to service our management portfolio with lease audits, abstracts, computing cost analysis, operating expenses, CAM and real estate tax reconciliations, estoppel preparation, utility billing and assists with annual budget preparation.
• Assists in maintaining overall control and filing of original lease documentation and maintenance of master lease files. Receives, sets up, and maintain all lease documents in Yardi system. (original leases, amendments, renewals, address changes, etc.)
• Confirms rent commencement dates with property manager.
• Assists in providing abstract and lease documents for review by staff accountant.
• Assists in the administration, maintenance and interpretation of leases.
• Assists in insuring all financial transactions related to leases, such as rent, security deposit, sublease payments, common area charges and real estate taxes, are tracked and processed accurately. Tracks all existing and new company leases, options, renewals, and special agreements covering leases.
• Assists in validating the interpretation of new leases in Yardi with property managers: for lease information, recurring billing, and ensuring service provider is logging information in a timely manner with a focus on accuracy and continuity
• Responsible for assisting with processing of ancillary documentation, such as renewals, amendments, terminations, assignments in a timely manner, with a focus on accuracy and continuity
• Corresponds with accounting regarding rent payments, security deposit issuance and collection, CAM tax reconciliations, renewals, and landlord communication.
• Ability to assist with acquisition related tasks.
• Handles confidential information related to the organization
• Answers incoming calls for all real estate/lease-related inquiries
• Maintains friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees, maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
• Anticipates needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames.
• Ensures leasing activity is recorded accurately and in a timely manner to support external reporting requirements
• Communicates lease administration initiatives with commercial team as applicable
• Completes Possession Letters and Commencement Date Agreements with property manager and landlords for all new leases. Coordinate signatures on documentation with property management team
• Provides support to real estate/facilities department and accounting with lease interpretation
• Initiates internal billing of fees, including but not limited to security deposit requests, associated with each new lease or amendment
• Answers phone (multi-line), greets incoming tenants, contractors, vendors, and guests. Provides front desk coverage as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1 – 2 years of Commercial Property experience required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, and ability to read and interpret legal documents.
• Ability to solve problems and manage several tasks simultaneously.
• Good organizational, computer, and accounting skills.
• Self starter.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in office setting and in commercial buildings.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
• Frequently walks on commercial properties and climbs stairs.