Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Background check will be required.
This part-time position of about 25 hours/week is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in various roles to help maintain financial records and assist the Chamber office and occasional events.
• Maintain financial records in QuickBooks
• A/R: Prepare/send out invoices and process payments/deposits when received. Follow up with past due accounts
• A/P: Pay bills and prepare checks for Board member signatures
• Work with Treasurer to reconcile monthly financials, and prepare brief financial and membership reports for monthly Board meetings
• Maintain our member database (ChamberMaster)
• Maintain the petty cash fund
• Set up and Check-in attendees at monthly luncheons (off site) and process payments after event
• Organize and order supplies as needed
• Send new member welcome letter
• Maintain procedures manual
• Back up for answering phones/welcoming guests to the Welcome Center
• Know and adhere to any and all Opening and Closing procedures for the office/buildings
• flexible hours may be needed for occasional Chamber and Town of Matthews events
• Candidate must be computer savvy and proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
• Prior experience with ChamberMaster (database software) and Constant Contact is a plus, but we can train the right candidate.
• Must have a friendly “can-do” attitude when engaging with the public and chamber members. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be highly organized and have the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
• Attention to detail is a must.
• Willing to work flexible hours on occasion to help cover office/staffing vacancy and assist with events.
• Associate Degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent business
experience, as well as a knowledge of QuickBooks, bookkeeping and generally accepted
• Ability to push, pull, lift or carry up to 25 lbs.
• Must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Send resume to Kelly Barnhardt at email@example.com or by mail to 210 Matthews Station Street, Matthews, NC 28105.