Copywriting Associate (HIRED)
Elements Brands owns a variety of consumer products companies that started as hidden gems with loyal followings. Our team of experts amplifies their awesome attributes and untapped potential while retaining each brand’s original name and soul. Named one of Charlotte Best Places to work in 2017 & 2018 as well as a Charlotte Fast 50 Company, we have an informal, results-focused work environment filled with employees who thrive in our fast-paced, “drink from the fire hose” mentality.
Elements Brands is located in Lower South End just around the corner from OMB. Learn more about each of our individual brands at ElementsBrands.com.
Elements Brands is searching for a dynamic copywriter to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate is a content-loving chameleon with the ability to create everything from product descriptions to email newsletters at a rapid pace and with very few mistakes. You have some experience writing for eCommerce websites and are confident in your ability to identify keywords and execute strategies that result in more eyes on our sites and increased conversions. This person will be the literary voice of all of our brands and will be working hand in hand with the rest of our marketing team to conceptualize campaigns, fill our customers’ inboxes, and so much more. In other words, you should be as comfortable writing a blog about dog care in the summer as you are about crafting instructions on how to use laundry detergent in non-traditional ways.
The Copywriting Associate will be expected to live in the data and increase our sales by creating exciting, engaging content that is clear, concise and optimized for conversions. Your goal is to communicate flawlessly with our existing customers while pumping out various pieces at a rapid pace.
If you were our Copywriting Associate, you would have completed the following in the past week:
• Conceptualized and written seven B2C emails in conjunction with current website promotions
• Provided copy for a 12-page wholesale brand catalog
• Submitted four to five product pitches to online periodicals/blogs
• Explored the uptown Charlotte restaurant scene on a food tour with your coworkers
• Written ad copy for Black Friday and Cyber Monday Facebook ads
• Audited and refreshed all existing content on a current site in preparation for a website redesign
• Expert-level written and verbal skills. You can articulate your points clearly and concisely.
• Excellent grammar. You are the annoying friend that corrects people’s Facebook posts.
• A working knowledge of SEO strategy. Bonus points for experience with systems like Screaming Frog, SEMrush, or Moz.
• A knack for online systems and the ability to jump between platforms without losing focus.
• An eye for detail. You sweat the small stuff and value consistency.
• A curiosity about eCommerce. You are interested in the analytics behind buying and selling online.
Our brands include:
• Nurture My Body: High end, organic personal care products (everything from sunscreen to
• shampoo to body lotion)
• Ski Balm/Adventure Balm: Sun and windburn protection for outdoor activities
• Tropical Sands/Coral Safe: Biodegradable sunscreen products for sensitive reef environments
• Skedattle: Natural bug repellent
• KP Elements: OTC treatment for the skin condition keratosis pilaris
• Rockin’ Green: Eco-Friendly detergent and cleaning supplies
• TriLASTIN: Stretch mark care products
• eb5: pharmaceutical-grade skincare products with a cult following
• Natural Dog Company: Small-batch, healing and protective products for dogs
Commensurate with experience. Paid vacation and holidays. Employee sponsored healthcare and 401(k) available.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.