Sous Chef at Paco’s Tacos & Tequila
FS Food Group is the Carolina’s premier casual dining family of restaurants. From the fresh, convenient YAFO Kitchen locations, to all the smoky old-school barbecue from each Midwood Smokehouse, and from the homey Italian recipes of Mama Ricotta’s to the festive menu of Paco’s Tacos and Tequila the company continues to provide the market with the best of every segment. Fresh real ingredients, an emphasis on teamwork and a commitment to quality have propelled Frank Scibelli and FS Food Group to the success they enjoy today.
From the wood-fired grilled fajitas to the cheese enchiladas with chili con carne, Paco’s menu showcases the freshest quality ingredients. The deliciousness is in our details. Each dish was crafted under the expert guidance of James Beard award-winning Tex-Mex culinary expert and cookbook author, Rob Walsh. Central to the flavor-packed dining experience is the bar, with over 100 tequila varieties, several outstanding wines and a selection of beers from Texas, Mexico and North Carolina.
We are looking for a Sous Chef that can help us continue to grow our exciting and fast paced team at Paco’s Tacos & Tequila. We strive to deliver operational excellence while creating a culture where guests and crew alike, rave about the service and food that we provide.
• Regulates production according to restaurant needs
• Communicates with line to staff to keep productions stocked
• Maintains a safe and clean work environment
• Enforces health safety and sanitation standards and procedures for food handling, cleanliness, and restaurant maintenance
• Ability to execute recipes and create new authentic Tex-Mex cuisine
• Consistent compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances
• Directs the hiring, supervision, development and when necessary, termination of employees.
• High School Diploma required; Graduate from an accredited culinary program preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in a high-volume restaurant (prefer Tex-Mex experience)
• Must have proven track record of producing quality food and controlling food and labor costs
• Possess a driver’s license and your own reliable transportation
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time – 8-12 hours per shift and lift 25-50 pounds
• Available to work in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas
• High School Diploma (Four Year Degree or Culinary Degree preferred)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
• 401(k) Plan
• Bonus programs
• Vacation Time
• Relocation package offered
• Employee meal discounts at all FS Food Group concepts
• Opportunities for growth and career advancement
• Casual and fun environment with a stable, reputable and successful company
If you or someone you know is interested in this role – please email Elizabeth at email@example.com.