Sous Chef at Mama Ricotta’s
FS Food Group is the Carolina’s premier casual dining family of restaurants. From the fresh, convenient YAFO Kitchen locations, to all the smoky old-school barbecue from each Midwood Smokehouse, and from the homey Italian recipes of Mama Ricotta’s to the festive menu of Paco’s Tacos and Tequila the company continues to provide the market with the best of every segment. Fresh real ingredients, an emphasis on teamwork and a commitment to quality have propelled Frank Scibelli and FS Food Group to the success they enjoy today.
We’re looking for people like us who dream about awesome Italian cuisine! Our staff is committed to doing everything the right way which is why we make most items from scratch, including sauces, soups, sausages, mozzarella, bread and desserts. Mama Ricotta’s chooses the finest ingredients including San Marzano tomatoes, Puglia extra virgin olive oil, Latini and De Cecco pastas and Cibo Italian DOP prosciutto among many others.
We’re looking for a Sous Chef to help lead our team of professional, hardworking staff members. An upbeat and ‘can do’ attitude is required! If you have a passion for making awesome food, leading others and working in a definitive home style Italian restaurant, we would like to speak with you!
• Follows all recipe, safety and sanitation standards
• Regulates production according to restaurant needs
• Responsible for creating a positive environment that sets the expectation for quality food and a neat, clean and organized kitchen
• Communicates with line staff to keep production stocked
• Ensure safety and sanitation practices in the kitchen.
• Directs the hiring, supervision, development, when necessary, termination of employees.
• Monitor food and labor costs
• High School Diploma required; Graduate from an accredited culinary program preferred
• Advanced understanding of professional cooking, knife handling skills and a voracious appetite for knowledge.
• Must have proven track record of producing quality food and controlling food and labor costs
• Possess a driver’s license and your own reliable transportation
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time – 8-12 hours per shift and lift 25-50 pounds
• Available to work in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
• 401(k) Plan
• Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
• Bonus programs
• Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits
• Competitive Vacation package
• Relocation package offered
• Dining discounts at all FS Food Group concepts
• Opportunities for growth and career advancement
• Casual and fun environment with a stable, reputable and successful company.
If you or someone you know is interested in this role – please email Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org.