Chef at Yafo Kitchen
FS Food Group is the Carolina’s premier casual dining family of restaurants. From the fresh, convenient YAFO Kitchen locations, to all the smoky old-school barbecue from each Midwood Smokehouse, and from the homey Italian recipes of Mama Ricotta’s to the festive menu of Paco’s Tacos and Tequila the company continues to provide the market with the best of every segment. Fresh real ingredients, an emphasis on teamwork and a commitment to quality have propelled Frank Scibelli and FS Food Group to the success they enjoy today.
At Yafo, we want people to know that healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated. We believe that fast can still be fresh, homemade and thoughtfully crafted. We are a chef driven concept that has paired the simplicity of Mediterranean fare with bold Middle Eastern flavors and make our food fresh daily.
We are looking for a lead Chef that can help us continue to grow our exciting and fast paced team at Yafo Kitchen. We strive to deliver operational excellence while creating a culture where guests and crew alike, rave about the service and food that we provide.
• Manage, coach and develop back of the house team which will include training, food prep and proper execution of all YAFO Kitchen recipes
• Responsible for creating a positive environment that sets the expectation for quality food and a neat, clean and organized kitchen
• Manage relationships with distributors and resolve issues with vendors promptly
• Ensure safety and sanitation practices in the kitchen
• Responsible for hiring, firing, and writing schedules that stay within YAFO Kitchen guidelines while upholding standards of execution
• Maintain YAFO Kitchen weekly food purchasing budget
• Maintain YAFO Kitchen weekly labor budget
• High School Diploma required; Graduate from an accredited culinary program preferred
• 3-5 years of culinary management experience in a high-volume restaurant
• Must have proven track record of producing quality food and controlling food and labor costs
• Possess a driver’s license and your own reliable transportation
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time – 8-12 hours per shift and lift 25-50 pounds
• Available to work in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
• 401(k) Plan
• Bonus programs
• Vacation time
• Relocation package offered
• Employee meal discounts at all FS Food Group concepts
• Opportunities for growth and career advancement
• Casual and fun environment with a stable, reputable and successful company
If you or someone you know is interested in this role – please email Elizabeth at email@example.com.