UX Content Strategist
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
Vanguard, a recognized employer of choice, is a leading investment management firm motivated by a low cost, 100% client focused model. Vanguard believes that Client Experience is core to continued growth and success in the marketplace. As such, we are focused on delivering best-in-class experiences and investor outcomes at speed through multidisciplinary lab teams fully organized around client journeys.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
• Research, develop, and implement content strategy that works in tandem with business and marketing strategies to produce high-profile, cohesive marketing and communication pieces for investors (clients and prospects), the business, and senior leaders.
• Identifies content solutions to business problems by using research, conceptualization, content, visual design, information architecture, and interaction. Delivers intuitive, engaging, and elegant experiences that achieve measurable results.
• Consults and partners with marketing managers, business leaders, and subject matter experts regularly on communications and content strategies. Pitches new ideas. Finds creative ways to tell Vanguard’s story. Relies on metrics and analytics, as well as methods such as PET/DREAM, design thinking, and lean.
• Drives digital agenda by crafting in-depth, compelling marketing pieces and communications on a range of subjects, including Vanguard funds, products, and services; financial markets; the economy; regulatory matters; and internal communication topics.
• Plays a leadership role on key projects that require data analytics and subject matter expertise, including responsive web pages, mobile apps and sites, timely communications, campaigns, visioning, testing, social media, and news.
• Provides creative direction and mentorship on messaging and/or content strategy across mediums—working closely and collaboratively with designers, developers, marketing managers, and business leaders.
• Presents and “sells” content and design solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Ensures the success of the strategy and the ability to champion the best possible user experience.
• Produces inspirational, useful, and usable experiences by placing the client/investor first while balancing business and marketing needs. Participates in discussions on user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior, interactions, and Vanguard’s brand.
• Displays versatility in producing clear communications through a wide range of styles and channels, including responsive web pages, campaigns, ads, emails, presentations, blogs, videos, letters, articles, videos, and social media channels.
• Tailors messages to serve the needs of different audiences, including business leaders, clients, prospects, advisors, plan sponsors, and participants.
• Develops and leverages the professional network to foster collaboration across teams to support company-wide initiatives, and to help the department tackle problems. Works in partnership with cross-divisional teams and senior leaders.
• Mentors and coaches less experienced writers by providing specific feedback on their copy, story ideas, and interviewing skills. • Provides developmental edits on work done by other writers.
• Leads or participates in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• An undergraduate degree in English, journalism, marketing, or communications, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• MBA or professional certification/designation (CFA, CFP, ChFC, etc.) would be highly desirable.
• Minimum five years general business experience with experience in marketing, communications, public relations, and/or journalism preferred.
• Expertise in communication to different audiences across channels/mediums and styles, including storytelling and visualization.
• Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
• Familiarity with web design, content strategy, market research, and social media.
• Ability to get agreement on story ideas and positioning within a large organization.
• Ability to work creatively and collaboratively on multiple projects.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Specializations that’ll make an impact.
• Knowledge of financial markets, investing, mutual funds, portfolio construction theories, retirement income, and fiduciary/regulatory environment. Familiarity with the institutional market and the issues relevant to this market.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.