The Communications Director is a communications and marketing professional who produces exceptional media campaigns (web, print, video, social media, etc.) that reflect the theology, values, and mission of First Presbyterian Church, and creatively engage the congregation and community at large. The Communications Director reports to the Business Administrator.
• Develop and implement a communications and marketing plan to increase the effectiveness of communication to the congregation and local community through collaboration with the Communications Committee, pastoral staff, and ministry leadership.
• Research church communication trends and evaluate current processes.
• Gather content, compose, edit, and produce the weekly worship bulletin (announcements, calendar), monthly newsletter (1st Press), posters, etc.
• Create compelling social media messaging and communication strategies for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Constant Contact, etc.
• Continuously update the website using video, audio, and graphics to increase its relevancy as a communications tool.
• Integrate the website with online calendar, electronic payment, and event registration systems.
• Produce audio-visual presentations as needed for worship services and church programs.
• Maintain an effective presence on the web utilizing style/presence, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and new technology.
• Enlist, equip, and train videographers for live streaming services.
• Upload worship service and other recordings to the website and other online platforms.
• Maintain equipment and suggest modifications or new technology.
• Create promotional materials related to church-wide and ministry-specific activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness.
• Develop standards, templates, and messaging frameworks to maintain consistency in communications from all areas of ministry.
• Partner with ministries in developing communication plans that mobilize their specific audiences.
• Establish and maintain connections with local news outlets.
• Compose and place articles or notices within established deadlines.
• Monitor and update interior video screens and exterior electronic signage.
• Develop and administer Communications budget.
• Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other events as needed.
• Proficient in software (InDesign, Constant Contact, WordPress, Powerpoint).
• Bachelor’s degree or minimum five years’ relevant experience in communications/marketing.
• Experience in developing and implementing a marketing plan.
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Familiarity with video editing.
• Able to multi-task and thrive in a deadline intensive environment.
• Demonstrates the ability to adapt to rapidly changing objectives.
• Personal desire for excellence in work.
• Exhibits a team-oriented mindset.
• Presents a positive attitude toward congregants, staff, and members of the community.
• Disciplined and diligent with their time, completing required tasks in a timely manner.
Please send your cover letter, resume, samples of your creative work/writing, and references to David McFadden, business administrator, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.