Sr. Systems Administrator
CEENTA has been the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for nearly a century. We are the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast, with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services. Now, we are seeking to add to a Senior Systems Administrator to our IT team.
CEENTA is an award-winning employer, named Healthiest Employers of Greater Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal; Best Places to Work by the Charlotte Business Journal; Top Work Places by the Charlotte Observer; and Practice of the Year by the North Carolina Medical Group Management Association.
The Senior Systems Administrator provides senior level tech support including, planning, deploying, troubleshooting and maintenance in all aspects of the infrastructure environment. The Senior System Administrator will be required to perform moderate to difficult technical and administrative tasks.
This is a salaried position with normal work hours ranging from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. Frequent after hours and weekend work may be required. Occasional travel is expected for this position.
• Responsibility for applying appropriate security to systems, documenting the configuration of systems, troubleshooting any reported problems and system performance tuning.
• Provide third tier technical support to both IT and enterprise customers.
• Identification and resolution of individual and system issues which result in or potentially result in disruption to services provided.
• Participating in internal and external projects, reactive and proactive maintenance, sustaining and break-fix activities.
• Participation in on-call rotation. Ability to respond to on-call requests within the on-call response guidelines.
• Understanding and operate within company policies and procedures.
• Participate in cross training and mentoring as necessary to facilitate communication, career development, and system coverage.
• Project participation will range from small to large in scope.
• Highly motivated, self-starter who can work effectively with little to no supervision.
• Dependability and trustworthiness.
• Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality.
• Analysis – Demonstrates the ability to provide a general analysis of a problem or situation.
• Cooperation – Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes.
• Coordinating – Demonstrates the ability to circulate information through the proper channels.
• Customer Service Orientation – Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.
• Dependability – Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management’s policies and procedures.
• Judgment – Demonstrates the ability to base decisions on factual information and sound logic.
• Planning – Develops plans that are aligned with corporate policies and budgets.
• Relationships – Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others.
Education and Experience:
• Four-year degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience required
• 5+ years experience with Citrix XENAPP 6.5 and/or XENAPP 7.6
• 5+ years experience with UCS Blades, chassis and related VM technologies
• 5+ years experience with VMware VSphere 6.0, 6.7
• 5+ years Experience with Dell/EMC storage & backup systems such as Isilon, Avamar, DataDomain, XtremeIO and PowerMax
• 5+ years experience with Windows Active Directory and Server 2012 and 2016
• Industry Certifications from Microsoft, Dell/EMC, VMware, Citrix are desired
• Full medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment
• Dental, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
• Employer-matched 401(k)
• Generous ETO plan with 7 annual paid holidays
• Discounts for the employee and their immediate family on services and goods provided at CEENTA
• Continuing education and opportunities for advancement within the company