Travel Credit Card Writer
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
We are looking for a versatile writer with solid reporting chops who can tackle credit card subject matter with enthusiasm, accuracy and curiosity. This role will be focusing on credit card travel rewards programs, including but not limited to popular issuers’ travel rewards portals, airline and hotel loyalty programs, points and miles valuations and redemption opportunities, and more.
Staff writers will write original blog posts as well as update/refresh existing posts. The writer’s work will be primarily featured on LendingTree subsidiaries CompareCards and MagnifyMoney, and ValuePenguin.
• 2-5 years professional experience in journalism or content marketing, with a strong preference for those with a background in credit card/travel rewards reporting.
• The writer will be encouraged to write stories driven by our internal SEO/keyword research as well as pitch their own ideas for original stories.
• Must turn in clean copy that doesn’t require extensive edits and changes.
• Must rigorously source articles.
• Must be easy to work with and take edits well, as we take the quality of our work very seriously.
• Must be organized, meet deadlines, and approach hard work with creativity and a phenomenal attitude.
• This position will be based in Charlotte or New York City.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).