Local Missions Coordinator
The LMC has responsibility for strengthening and maintaining local outreach opportunities for the Myers Park United Methodist Church congregation. In partnership with the Missions Ministry Team, the LMC will contribute to casting vision and establishing mission goals for the church to be accomplished through ministry volunteer involvement.
• Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to love God by growing in faith and serving with others.
• Understand and be able to champion Myers Park’s mission vision: closing the gap between the way things are and the way they ought to be according to God’s Kingdom.
• Ability to vision and dream with the Missions Ministry Team in order to initiate new ministries and programs that meet needs, fulfill potential, and accomplish the mission’s vision of Myers Park United Methodist Church, while also sustaining existing ministries.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen and communicate effectively, resolve conflicts quickly and with integrity, remaining cheerful and effective in an environment with frequent, rapid, and last-minute changes.
• Ability to communicate mission opportunities and relate stories of mission and ministry using newsletters, video, and social media outlets.
• Ability to collaboratively engage with community partners, case workers, housing providers, and racially diverse teams and leaders.
• Prior experience working with economically, culturally, and racially diverse communities
• Ability to effectively manage volunteers and teams.
• Proven organizational skills, able to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision; must be a “self-starter”, highly motivated, strategic, flexible, efficient, and capable of following projects through to completion.
• Ability to manage time effectively, problem solve, make decisions, and handle constant change as a member of a dynamic and fast-paced team.
• Prior experience in church or non-profit leadership.
• Recruit, connect, and assist with the placement of volunteers with our local agency partners and local outreach ministry opportunities.
• Develop programming that effectively meets community needs in accordance with church goals.
• Serve as staff representative for designated mission opportunities, providing administrative support as needed. This may include creating/managing sign-up genius, creating publicity, managing space, and other church resources.
• Work with the Pastor of Missions and Community Engagement to develop and empower volunteers to support Charlotte community outreach opportunities.
• Coordinate with other ministry teams in the church to align local mission responses.
• Create content for and edit contributions to the weekly #livedifferently newsletter.
• Keep social media, website, and other media for the mission’s area up-to-date and fresh.
• Create and develop publicity to keep people connected and informed of mission