Tiny Horse is a modern media company that builds audiences, develops content, & connects brands with their best customers. Our team is made up of people who are comfortable performing cross-functional roles and working in small teams across multiple projects on tight deadlines.
Tiny Horse is seeking an experienced senior designer. This position will service multiple clients and will sit within the organization’s creative division, reporting directly to the creative director.
Design is where our work comes to life. Designers make the biggest impact in bringing to life the connection between strategy and design. Your ability to bring your team’s ideas to a whiteboard, screen, print or even to a conversation creates a connection between a problem and a solution. Bringing these ideas to life means engaged and excited clients and ultimately their success.
• Design compelling marketing and branding implementations across all mediums—both print and digital—from digital ads to billboards and everything in between.
• Proficient in digital design (HTML5 responsive ads, web design and email design).
• Participate in ideation sessions and project kickoffs.
• Design and implement a given design from initial sketch to production specs and assets.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously often with tight deadlines.
• Bring an enthusiasm for any challenge with a desire to apply new solutions when possible.
• Collaborate on design projects with the design team, copywriters, strategists, media, and account teams to bring a client’s goals to life.
• Contribute to Tiny Horse’s awareness of trends in design, brand and media.
• Pursue excellence in your craft and technical skills with training, research and continuing education.
• Bring a curious and positive perspective to the Tiny Horse team.
• Help contribute to operational processes and workflow as team scales.
• Own a sizeable part of a project without much oversight, making decisions where necessary, and being comfortable with ambiguity and changes in direction.
• Support the Creative Director in stewarding the brands of our clients throughout the life of a given project.
• Minimum 5-7 years experience working in a design role.
• A strong portfolio of work that showcases your design, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Preferred minimum 3-4 years managing large-scale design projects.
• High proficiency in all Adobe Creative Suite applications, with a fluency in both print and digital design.
• Proficient in generating ideas quickly without a lot of background information.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
• Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously often with tight deadlines.
• Proficient in building decks using Keynote (and PowerPoint).
• Willingness to work additional hours as needed.
• Must be able to multi-task, problem solve, manage multiple timelines and work across functions.
• Develops collaborative relationships with team members, displays clear communication and acts proactively.