Sales Director- Founders Hall
Sonoma Restaurant Group is the exclusive caterer to Founders Hall located in the Bank of America Corporate center. The Group also operates Aria Tuscan Grill & Cicchetti also located in the Corporate center. The Group is looking for a motivated Events and Sales director to continue our successful bookings of Weddings, corporate & non-profit functions. The Iconic Founders Hall can accommodate an intimate wedding to a 1,500 guest reception.
The ideal candidate is professional, capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks to ensure great hospitality. The position will report directly to Briana Cohen SRG Operations Manager.
Event Sales & management. Plans and manages the client as well as the event (to include, but not limited to: weddings, corporate, non-profit functions). Presents products and services by placing sales calls, utilizing marketing materials to sell venues, producing meetings, organizing & attending sales events. Liaison between SRG and the building management team.
• Responsible for the overall event coordination including menu, layout, tastings. Works in tandem with Events Manager on each event to be executed.
• Pre-event logistics and onsite coordination for clients & guests.
• Maintain successful working relationships with partners, vendors, and venue.
• Increase bookings and sales volume.
• Manage assets inventory.
• Placing sales calls to build business.
• Host events for the purpose of marketing all venues.
• Client meetings.
• Meets budget by forecasting requirements, minimizing expenses, reviewing invoices.
• Provides marketing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing event data and trends.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining and building personal and professional networks.
• Attends weekly building management meetings. Coordinates all client and vendor activity with the building management.
• Follows all building protocol with regards to events.
• Conducts weekly event meetings with necessary staff.
• Creates and manages event contracts and their execution.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in hospitality hosting role
• College graduate with event-hospitality degree or similar.
• Presentation Skills, Sales Skills, Tracking Budget Expenses, Coordination, Promotions, Understanding the Customer
• Excellent organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
• Go-getter attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced in Microsoft office programs.
• Salary plus commission ($30,000-$40,000/year)
• 3-6% food and beverage commission
• Per event booking fees
• Individual health insurance