Administrative Assistant, Pre-College Programs
The Administrative Assistant, Pre-College Programs is committed to organization and attention to detail and providing exceptional administrative support to ensure that the Pre-College Programs team functions efficiently. The Administrative Assistant will have an energetic, positive attitude and driven personality to integrate with the team to carry-out all administrative initiatives. Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Pre-College Programs, the Administrative Assistant will play an integral role in all Wake Forest Pre-College Programs.
• Perform a variety of administrative tasks to support the efficient daily operations of Wake Forest Pre-College Programs.
• Provide administrative support for the Executive Director, Assistant Director, Program Manager, and Wake Forest Summer Immersion Program as well as the College LAUNCH for Leadership Program (Charlotte and Winston-Salem), serving as an ambassador, responsible for all administrative tasks.
• Support Pre-College Programs team members in organizing and preparing for group meetings (secure room, prepare agenda and supporting materials, etc.)
• Take meeting notes and distribute meeting notes to team.
• Send all calendar invites for Pre-College Programs and presenters.
• Schedule all Pre-College Program recruitment events.
• Deliver enthusiastic and educational presentations to recruit and retain high school students for Pre-College Programs.
• Master CRM/new computer applications (CRM – Slate) to perform daily tasks.
• Maintain and update accurate data; attention to detail.
• Create and maintain updated spreadsheets and databases for varied Pre-College Program operations (school, donor, grant, activity databases).
• Track data of program participants and alumni via spreadsheets for Pre-College Programs.
• Manage expense reports and reconciliation for Pre-College Programs team in a timely manner.
• Order and inventory supplies as needed for Pre-College Programs.
• Maintain organization in all Pre-College Program spaces and storage areas including deliveries.
• Coordinate program logistics and operations for all Pre-College Programs (i.e. transportation, catering, and room reservations).
• Provide consistent and quality communication via email and phone with students, parents, high school staff, and community partners from time of interest through completion of the program.
• Implement exceptional phone etiquette and oral communication skills. Receives and responds to phone calls and voicemail messages.
• Update Pre-College Programs quarterly PowerPoint for Board Meetings.
• Develop PowerPoint presentations, as needed.
• Ability to problem solve, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure at times while being a team player.
• Utilize creativity to enhance brand communication. Strong written communication; composing emails, web content, newsletters, and press releases.
• Support Pre-College Programs initiatives and events which include evenings, as needed, and the requirement to work one Saturday per month.
• Assist with research and special projects, as needed.
• Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), and the Google Suite
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines
• Demonstrated problem solver
• Detail-oriented and team player
• Ability to travel to Winston-Salem as needed
• Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a cooperative and collaborative manner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
• Ability to work one Saturday per month for the College LAUNCH program (September – May) in Charlotte and Winston-Salem
• Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance