About the Position:
Accounting guru. NetSuite junkie. Financial wizard. Elements Brands is seeking a person with a strong analytical mindset to lead the corporate accounting team. Reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer, you’ll be integral to everything we do in accounting and finance here at Elements Brands.
This role will play a key part in month end close, budgeting, and financial reporting across our entire company. You’ll own our cash management function, establish our company’s internal controls, and be the go-to person for our external auditors. Additionally, you’ll get to work across all our internal brands and spearhead the process of optimizing the allocation of cash, resources, and capital expenditures that ultimately provides the greatest return to the company.
If you have experience in accounting, this is your chance to make a serious impact on a high growth business.
The ideal candidate for this role must have a strong bias towards accounting but must eagerly immerse themselves within all of our business units here at Elements Brands. This person will become our accounting authority and a quantitative resource that the business will tap to maximize our continued growth.
Had you been with us last quarter, you would have:
• Consolidated our financial reporting package for the Board of Directors Q3 Review
• Participated in our financial platform discussion to help improve financial tracking, budgeting, and controls to support Elements Brand’s continued growth
• Completed month-end close and account reconciliation of our general ledger
• Collaborated with the Sales Department to drive margin improvements to private label and wholesale business segment
• Executed ROI analysis on our former Call Center to drive a change in strategy
• Took part in our general business insurance renewal process
• Engaged in a lively discussion about the moral standards a fantasy football commissioner should live by
To be a good fit for this job, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• At minimum five years of progressive accounting experience as an Assistant Controller or Financial Controller
• CPA required
• Experience with NetSuite
• Fluency in Microsoft Excel. This is a must. You have to be an excel guru.
• The ability to communicate your findings in a simple yet effective manner. Ideal candidate can number crunch and discus their analysis in simple terms.
• A strong bias toward execution. You have to love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility. We don’t babysit here at Elements Brands.
• A desire to get your hands dirty in a small company where your work matters
• A highly quantitative and analytical mindset – you need to be comfortable completing analysis in excel and building operational and forecasting models
Commensurate with experience. Paid parental leave, vacation and holidays. Healthcare (vision, dental & medical) and 401(k) with matching.
Submit your PDF resume via email with the subject “Financial Controller” to firstname.lastname@example.org.