Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician
Horizon Eye Care is a 20 doctor multi-specialty ophthalmology practice with six offices across the greater Charlotte area. We provide full medical and surgical care including routine eye care, retina, glaucoma, oculoplastics, pediatrics and corneal services. We are also the premier destination for optical and contact lens service.
If you are an energetic Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician, we want you! Are you dedicated to patient care and motivated by challenges? Do you desire the opportunity to become part of a team and truly make a difference? Work along the best Ophthalmologists and Optometrists in the region. You will obtain medical histories, perform preliminary eye function testing and explain to patients about medication or procedures, prepare the patient for the exam and begin the examination with standard tests and measurements. Perform instrument maintenance and automated tests; set up operating room instruments and may assist with minor surgeries; complete all necessary data forms and paperwork for clinical visits.
• Excellent patient services skills
• A commitment to our mission of enhancing, restoring, and preserving vision
• A minimum of two years of experience at the Ophthalmic Assistant level
• Certification by JCAHPO at the COA, COT or COMT is preferred, but we will assist you in attaining certification
• NextGen experience a plus
We offer competitive salaries and benefits and many good reasons to join our team.