Head of Digital Marketing
We are undertaking a digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of our current service offerings; investing in innovative ways to deepen client engagement through the use of digital channels. The goal is to position Dimensional Fund Advisors as the undisputed leader in financial science and client services, to create an impeccable digital ecosystem that will help clients adopt the Dimensional Investing lens as their own and apply it to help the investors they serve.
We are seeking a highly effective and innovative Head of Digital to continue driving this transformation that we have initiated to align the digital platform with the firm’s marketing strategy. This leadership role will be focused on building out a high performance digital innovation and development culture, managing the digital program to ensure an experience driven roadmap, oversee daily management of the digital properties and work closely with other teams to build capabilities that will delight Dimensional’s clients and help drive efficiencies and global scale.
As a key member of the Marketing team, the Head of Digital will define and drive strategy for the digital team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role will lead the digital team which consist of key individuals across both of our Charlotte and Austin locations. This role will focus on four main areas:
1. Digital Content Strategy and Promotion
2. Digital Product Management
3. Content Publishing and Governance
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and possess strong consultative skills to drive a product domain from inception through delivery and to ensure that the digital levers are fully utilized as part of our ongoing campaign management. You will drive critical programs throughout the agile model, working closely with functional areas, business and experience analysts, and design teams. Further, you will have the ability to streamline our daily promotion activities and content strategy through the websites.
• Responsibilities include the ability to successfully execute, develop and maintain relationships across cross-functional teams to gather input, socialize insights and gain buy-in for solutions.
• Develop and execute successfully around Dimensional’s content strategy and promotion.
• Work collaboratively with other marketing functions to change the way we work to a digital first mindset, where we are less paper focused and more digital focused.
• Develop and drive internal/external facing product management strategy for domains related to public, client, and employee experiences.
• Develop business proposals and roadmaps for digital products and overarching change initiatives that touch the digital space.
• Align product, content and analytics strategy to overall roadmap and future state vision – for both ongoing campaigns and ways to elevate digital program.
• Gather internal and external input to develop a strategic vision for our digital opportunity set.
• Establish good working relationships with both Design and Technology so the digital platform continues to provide what is need it to on an ongoing basis.
• Work with the on-demand working teams within Marketing to ensure that we are prompting our content resources the right way on the websites and beyond within the digital frameworks.
• Monitor the website analytics function and help drive that function for other capabilities within marketing and the firm.
• Lead associated working within an AGILE/SCRUM framework to deliver digital experiences, combining product management, design and technical needs to develop key deliverables.
• Partner with Legal and Compliance needs globally to ensure that we are conveying everything appropriate on our websites and the content that is served up on them.
• Lead, mentor, and empower people on the team and across the department.
• Manage a high performing team that is delivering on the business needs and current on digital best practices.
• Own and proactively identify issues and drive resolutions end-to-end.
• Build and maintain relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
• Engage and support communications activities with senior stakeholders.
• Develop business cases and communicate product strategy to senior audiences.
• The ideal candidate for this role must have experience driving program digital process and delivery, with experience in financial services.
• BA/BS degree.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience including a minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial services sector.
• Established track record of delivery of results in a complex environment.
• Demonstrated strong ability to analyze problems, design solutions, and communicate effectively and confidently (both verbal and written) with relevant stakeholders to gain buy-in.
• Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to structure problems and develop analytical frameworks.
• Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to execute well at an enterprise level.
• Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder input).
• MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
• Previous consulting, strategy, digital transformation or product management/development experience is a plus.
• Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital and overall client experiences.
• Experience working with capabilities within asset management, understanding the abilities of the content that the industry needs.
• An understanding of the Legal and Compliance need of the industry preferred.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.