Senior Finance Manager (HIRED)
We are looking for a leader to plan, manage and execute Skipper’s financial strategy. You’ll facilitate and maintain accurate, real-time forecasts for the full P&L, drive the annual planning process, maintain long-term models and produce relevant actionable insights into ongoing business trends to keep our operations aligned with short-term and long-term financial goals.
Skipper is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled startup based in Charlotte, NC that is reimagining the way pet parents experience their lives with their pets through a professionally-trained team and cutting-edge technology. We provide pet owners with an unparalleled level of convenience, accountability and care. Come join our team of dog lovers and be a part of the “next big thing” in pet care.
Who you are:
You are someone who makes an impact and adds value, always. You proactively go after fixing problems and finding solutions. You thrive in an environment where uncertainty is the norm. You love data, processes and dogs (obviously).
What you will do:
• Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company.
• Develop, improve and maintain financial analysis, budgets and forecasts for various lines of business report results monthly.
• Develop the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors.
• Support investor relations, due diligence, financing reporting and other ad hoc financial reporting.
• Find improvements and innovative ways to increase effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy in the financial model.
• Lead the pre-close review process (share forecast expectations and identify and discuss expected one-time items and other updates that will impact the month-end close).
• Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis and present financial reports to various stakeholders.
• Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines.
What you will bring:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate finance, supporting the month-end close process, business insight reporting and analytics (including KPIs).
• Experience supporting KPI reporting and building out leadership/board presentations.
• Experience working across multiple organizations, leading modeling, analysis and recommendations.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (QuickBooks).
• Bachelor’s in accounting, finance or relevant field.
• Excellent organizational and communication (written, verbal and listening) skills.
• Keen attention to detail and a passion for accuracy.
Icing on the cake if you have
• An MBA/MAc.
• Experience in a rapid growth SaaS company.
• CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus.
• Challenging work with a side of adventure.
• Competitive compensation.
• Health benefits.
• Dog-friendly workplace.
• Unlimited PTO plan.
• Free lunches.
• Purple swag.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.