Special Operations Lead – Charlotte
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Special Operations Lead to join our SouthEast team. In this role, you will work on high-impact, cross-functional solutions to create the best experience possible for our drivers and riders in the Carolinas. We’re looking for a strategically-minded individual who has led complex cross-functional initiatives, has a strong bias towards action in ambiguous environments and most importantly, wants to make a big impact at a fast-growing company. If you’re a natural leader who is business-savvy, data-focused, versatile and exceptionally driven, we would love to meet you!
This role requires a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset and willingness to support wherever needed. One day you may be developing and executing a plan to reduce citations at the airport and the next you may be managing venue operations for a major local event.
• Support the market General Manager by serving as the owner for various initiatives that will drive local impact. This includes developing strategies, project management and ongoing operational support.
• Partner with cross-functional teams across operations, compliance, government relations, marketing, analytics and product/engineering to achieve objectives.
• Lead the execution and management of special projects across the local market, such as building the driver community, evaluating ROI of growth initiatives and increasing Lyft’s presence at major events, airports and venues.
• Develop a detailed understanding of Lyft’s markets across the Carolinas and identify areas for continuous improvement of operational business processes.
• Manage and analyze operational data using SQL, spreadsheets and other analytical tools.
• Make it happen. No matter what comes your way, no one can execute faster or with higher quality than you.
• Experience. 4+ years of diverse operations experience, preferably a combination of consulting, business operations and strategy. You have a healthy balance of analytics, project management and interpersonal skills. High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus.
• People person. You’re an expert partner-manager and can balance multiple external partner relationships concurrently with grace. You’re an experienced people manager and thrive in coaching to various learning styles. You’re quick to create rapport and thrive in working towards shared goals. You’re positive, optimistic and always keep stakeholders up to date through your world-class verbal and written communication skills.
• Quantitative thinker. Proficiency in Excel and SQL (read: you’re a pro at joins), you have experience building forecast models and analyzing complex data sets to inform decisions.
• Strong problem solver. You effectively, creatively and quickly solve complex problems. No problem is too big or too small. You have a love of getting your hands dirty and a talent for juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
• Self-directed and organized. You’re comfortable with ambiguity. You have a bias for action while maintaining attention to detail. You effectively prioritize multiple competing workflows. You know when to ask for support and you approach your work with a seize-the-day attitude. You know how to turn a mess into a process – and you love doing so.
• Great medical, dental and vision insurance options.
• In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off.
• 401(k) plan to help save for your future.
• 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive and foster parents are all eligible.
• Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work.
• 20% off all Lyft rides.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.