Vice President, Partnerships
Why you will love this job:
Provide leadership in the development and impact of the Partnerships team across the agency and global network through strategic input, global business development and project delivery. Build/grow/innovate agency’s strategic sponsorship consulting practice with a goal to service to client work, domestic and global business development and broader agency initiatives spearheaded by Partnerships. Collaborate with agency and global network leadership to grow GMR’s reputation as a best-in-class global agency network solution. The role will also collaborate with cross-functional leads to continue the development and improvement of core agency initiatives. Candidate can be located in any of our locations: San Francisco, New Berlin, New York or Charlotte.
• Domestic consulting. Lead and continue to evolve GMR’s sponsorship strategy process that includes internal discovery, portfolio strategy and positioning, external exploration and evaluation, property negotiation and cross-department/agency integration to establish activation plans.
• Global consulting. Provide leadership and/or a supporting role, as required, to GMR’s global agency network, Omnicom Experiential Group. across sports and entertainment-related properties by contributing sponsorship best practices/key learnings and strategic sponsorship evaluation.
• “Center of Excellence” leadership. Lead the ongoing development of GMR’s in-house resource center to curate the best-in-class practices from external insights and resources as well as internal sponsorship-related client and pitch work and Subject Matter Expert group (across sports, entertainment and lifestyle areas). Serve as the first point of contact for sponsorship-related support from client teams.
• Domestic and global business development. Serve as key leadership for GMR teams responsible for creating, writing and pitching responses to major sports and entertainment RFPs. Support the development and rollout of agency’s global showcasing and business development initiatives including but not limited to working as part of an integrated agency team to develop a new targeted global events content and thought leadership plan, supporting the ideation and planning for market-specific business development initiatives (e.g. showcasing/networking events, etc.), developing a resource hub of information that can support global business development opportunities. Identify areas of strategic benefit and opportunity for GMR to pursue, with clear business case outlined and business plan developed to support and ultimately lead pursuit of opportunities.
• Results-oriented, self-starter, resourceful.
• Strategic visionary with sound business acumen and analytical skillset.
• Well-developed brand and consumer marketing instincts across several industries.
• Deep understanding of the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle industries.
• Proven ability to evaluate, negotiate and activate sponsorships/marketing alliances.
• Ability to develop and manage senior-level decision-maker, client relationships.
• Experience developing, pitching and on-boarding new business or partnerships.
• Impressive command of written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills.
• Exceptional production of high-quality work.
• Additional benefit if previous experience in cause marketing partnerships.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in related agency, brand or property fields.
• Experience in global markets preferred.