The Digital Communications Specialist role is responsible for the digital communication experience of Belk associates. This role will develop, maintain and enhance communication technologies to engage with associates to reinforce the Belk brand and culture. This role will lead the digital communications work, partnering closely with marketing and IT teams.
• Provide expert consultation on digital communication strategies and website design, development, testing and delivery.
• Identify opportunities and develop compelling content for internal digital communication channels, including digital signage, emails, intranet pages, internal social networks, video and more.
• Develop websites using various applications and programs including SharePoint.
• Conduct website gap analysis and provide recommendations for innovative improvements, enhancements, advanced functionality and features.
• Conduct website usability testing and provide recommendations.
• Develop, design and deliver website redesigns and initial build plans.
• Build wireframe and sitemap website designs.
• Leverage measurement tools to provide monthly progress reports. Apply insights from data and feedback to continually improve content and delivery methods.
• Consistently interpret and apply the Belk brand to all communications.
• Support team with graphic assignments and other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
• 4-year college degree with focus on visual communication and/or technology.
• 2-4 years experience developing digital platforms and content.
• Experience developing, managing and executing digital communication plans.
• Experience leveraging social media platforms including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Yammer.
• Retail experience.
• Graphic design.
Knowledge and skills requirements:
• Expertise in SharePoint.
• Video production and editing.
• Familiar with web design/development technologies.
• Experience with e-marketing software and digital signage software.
• Ability to develop a compelling user experience through layout and design.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
We treat all our associates and candidates as equals. We require all associates and managers to do so too and comply with employment laws and regulations. All personnel actions are conducted in the spirit of equal employment. We are committed to recruit, train, promote and retain associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification and expression, national origin, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.