Director of Ticketing Sales & Customer Service
Directs the ticketing sales and service team that supports six Blumenthal-managed theaters and a number of affiliated venues and organizations through the CarolinaTix ticketing system powered by Audience View. Inspires and motivates the team to deliver exceptional customer experience. Responsible for ensuring financial accuracy and accountability for $35+ million in annual ticket sales.
Areas of responsibility include Call Center, Venue/Event Box Offices, Event Sales and Settlement Reporting for a variety of events, including national Broadway tours, development and implementation of key business processes—hiring, training, motivation/incentive programs for staff, monitoring and continual improvement of guest satisfaction and complex problem solving involving the ticketing system technology team.
• Directs the day to day operation of the Blumenthal Ticket Sale and Customer Service team to achieve Blumenthal’s annual sales goals and deliver exceptional customer service. Directs the day to day operation of a large call center that processes more than 3,500 customer calls weekly, distribute 600,000+ tickets annually and 1,000+ event box offices each year. Directs sales and settlement reporting and documentation. Monitors and directs inventory allocation and rebalancing with off-site box offices and other ticketing partners.
• Works closely with the Director of Ticketing and Marketing Technology to ensure the ticketing system and other existing technologies are being fully utilized and to identify technology solutions for complex business needs. Develop and implement procedures to coordinate key information between Programming, Technology and Marketing teams related to on-sales, on-going campaigns, special promotions and reports required for event settlements or specialized show requests. Works closely with the Technology Service team to schedule relevant training and upgrade timing and communicate and resolve areas of concern related to technology and software systems.
• Monitors and measures guest satisfaction levels and recommends and implements training, motivation and other strategies to help the team deliver an outstanding experience to our guests. Researches and recommends policies and procedures and conducts training to ensure the ticketing team provides consistent responses that align with Blumenthal’s goals and values.
• Participates in the planning and execution of the annual season ticket marketing campaign, including strategy development, timelines and execution. Plans, trains and executes out-bound calling programs for season tickets and packages. Works closely with Marketing Team on strategy, planning and execution of Group Sales marketing programs.
• Manages the departmental budget and projects key revenue and expenses for the annual budget and re-projection processes.
• Works closely with the Marketing and Development Vice Presidents and other members of their teams to plan and implement sales strategy and new programs to drive revenue. Works closely with the Pricing Associate to evaluate pricing and hold strategy and provide input on sales trends and customer reaction.
• Manages the Ticket Assurance program, including marketing strategy and customer retention and development/implementation of key business processes. Responsible for the recruitment and retention of Carolina Tix clients.
• Closely monitors and reports on Ticket reseller activities and recommends/implements policies and processes to regulate resale activity per Blumenthal’s policies.
• Degree in Business/Event or Arts Management or related field plus minimum of 5 years of upper-level management experience in the ticketing industry with direct responsibility for budget and staffing management.
• Prior experience on the Audience View ticketing platform is preferred as is Performing Arts venue experience, in particular experience with touring Broadway.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service is essential, as is outstanding people management and motivational skills.
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to plan and organize complex projects and associated workflows.