Real Estate Manager
Driven Brands is the world’s leading automotive aftermarket franchise company. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, the company’s growing portfolio of brands includes Meineke Car Care Centers and MAACO Collision Repair and Auto Painting, Take 5 Oil Change, 1-800 Radiator and CARSTAR.
Serving as the primary contact to the franchisee in the first phase of a project, the real estate manager will identify optimal locations for new centers, utilizing relationships with real estate brokers and secure the locations through lease negotiations and purchase transactions.
Responsible for assisting new and/or existing franchisees with site selection, research and necessary investigative processes to identifying optimal real estate sites. Heavily involved in analyzing, negotiating and facilitating real estate lease and purchase transactions.
• Identification of automotive care sites available for lease or purchase through market based expertise, relationships and research.
• Serve as primary point of contact during site selection phase and advise franchisees on optimal real estate opportunities in their local markets of identified sites, assist Franchisee in selecting optimal locations.
• Manage and maintain relationships with commercial real estate brokers.
• Confirm proper zoning and approval requirements, assist Franchisee as necessary, in rezoning processes and activities.
• Assess cost to renovate and feasibility of a site based on our unit economics model.
• Negotiate lease, leasehold improvement and purchase transactions with landlords on behalf of franchisees.
• Prepare site approval packages for review by the franchisor and submit recommendations on acceptable site locations and facilitate meetings with internal review committee.
• Communicate regularly with franchisor on project(s) status.
• Knowledge of real estate leasing practices.
• Ability to travel extensively within regional territory and maintain flexible schedule.
• Ability to work independently, assess priorities and manage a variety of activities while collaborating with a broad coalition of partners.
• Proven track record as a franchise specialist and franchise coordinator.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• History of supervision and ability to manage multiple projects and processes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent writing skills and command of English.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Team player.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, management or an applicable field preferred.
• Past franchise experience in real estate, operations or project management preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
• Willingness to travel in assigned territory up to 80% of the time.
• Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.