Marketing & Social Media Coordinator, Charlotte Center
The Wake Forest Pre-College Programs team is looking for a high-energy professional to join our team. The Marketing + Social Media Coordinator will support marketing and social media efforts for all Pre-College Programs in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This is a critical role and requires someone who is results-driven, creative and extremely detail-oriented. The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic and demanding but fun environment while contributing to the continued success of Wake Forest University’s Pre-College Programs.
S/he will support all Pre College Programs at Wake Forest, including the Summer Immersion Program, College LAUNCH and the Middle School STEM program as well as the Online Immersion Program for high school students. The Marketing + Social Media Coordinator will enthusiastically jump into and/or simultaneously support a variety of diverse tasks and goals. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable working individually or as part of a team and is comfortable taking initiative and direction from others. The Marketing + Social Media Coordinator will be an integral part of the Pre-College Programs’ success and will contribute to the seamless completion of critical projects and goals.
• Assist team with the coordination and design of various integrated communication and marketing activities.
• Assume the “go-to” role for the execution of a variety of integrated communication projects, marketing and social media activities.
• Take the lead in developing, creating and maintaining marketing collateral (brochures, program guides, ads, postcards, emails and letters) and many other materials related to marketing.
• Take the lead in developing a strong voice and brand and online presence via social media and various digital outlets for the Wake Forest Pre-College Programs- Summer Immersion, College LAUNCH and Middle School STEM and Online Immersion Programs.
• Create and maintain content and provide updates to all websites and other electronic marketing.
• Create landing pages for all Pre-College Program websites.
• Lead SEM and SEO and Display.
• Develop and implement a social media campaign for all Pre-College Programs.
• Develop recruitment presentations (digital and in-person).
• Lead research and execution for marketing campaigns and efforts.
• Facilitate and complete marketing administrative projects in a timely and professional manner.
• Execute and analyze results of advertisement and marketing campaigns including ad-hoc reporting/projects.
• Assist teammates to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget.
• Execute a wide variety of details that involve direct mail, events, public relations, customer communications, media advertisements, promotions and other marketing plans.
• Provide weekly updates and report analytics.
• Assess effectiveness and impact of initiatives for marketing, advertising and communications.
• Report on measurable outcomes associated with each audience and initiative.
• Active on and proficient with social media platforms, email marketing platforms, content management systems such as Dropbox, Google Drive and Website platforms such as WordPress.
• Possess strong communication skills across all channels (written, face-to-face, via email and phone).
• Maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude that contributes to the betterment of the overall culture and environment.
• Take photographs and videos while all Pre-College Programs are in session to promote brand across all digital marketing and social media platforms.
• A passion for all things marketing including a strong understanding of digital and social marketing strategies and executions.
• A strong detail-orientation including a drive for problem-solving, innovation and results.
• A combination of marketing intuition, baseline skills and practical/analytical thinking.
• Must be highly professional and committed to putting the best version of yourself forward every day.
• Highly organized, efficient and accountable.
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills including an infectious, positive attitude and approach.
• Takes initiative to understand and contribute to the achievement of Wake Forest University’s Pre-College Programs goals and strategies.
• A strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, demonstrated intellectual curiosity and personal accountability for achieving professional growth while completing assigned tasks.
Required education, skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, required.
• 3 years of marketing and social media experience preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge in program development and implementation.
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
• Demonstrated problem solver.
• Detail-oriented team player.
• Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Required to work one Saturday per month to assist with photography for the College LAUNCH for Leadership program (September-May).
• Required to take photography and videos during all Pre-College Programs- Summer Immersion, College LAUNCH and Middle School STEM programs.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google Applications and other software packages.
• Highly organized, ability to plan ahead to maximize efficiency based on available resources.
• Ability to travel domestically for work-related assignments.