Senior Java Server Side Software Developer
Clear Markets is a leading developer and operator of global high frequency electronic financial markets for the world’s most sophisticated investment banks and hedge funds. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, we operate around the world with offices in Tokyo, London and New York. Lead by former Wall Street derivatives traders, we are actively recruiting technology professionals to join our leading-edge development team to support the expansion of our global trading systems.
As a senior software developer you will be responsible for building and enhancing application deployed worldwide for the electronic trading of interest rate swaps. You will be involved in the entire life cycle of application deployments, from requirements gathering to end-user installation.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Participate and drive software development life cycle.
• Review requirements, design, develop, test and prepare for releases.
• Architect complex software engineering solutions with an emphasis on creating highly performant services.
• Apply design patterns and object-oriented techniques.
• Lead other team members in design and coding phases. Participate in code review and team design sessions.
• Assist in builds, configuration management and source control.
• Communicate with other team members as well as upper management effectively and clearly.
• Liaison with QA to ensure quality product is delivered to customers.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in;
– 5+ years – Java server side application development.
– 2+ years – Java multithreaded application development.
– Service-Oriented Architecture.
• JMS or other messaging technologies.
• Experience with R3’s CORDA product.
• Unix shell scripting.
• Assorted XML technologies (e.g. JAXB, XPath, etc.).
• Nexus repository.
• Continuous integration servers (preferably Jenkins).
• Relational Database ( MySQL, Sybase, Oracle).
• Knowledge and some experience working with relational databases necessary.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering.