Silverlake Ramen, an LA-based ramen restaurant, is now open in South End across from Atherton on South Boulevard. This is the first Charlotte location for Silverlake, although a Concord location opened last November.
Silverlake’s grand opening is Friday, September 25 with a soft opening period starting Wednesday, September 23.
Silverlake’s South End location is next-door to Snooze, which opens on October 21, in the building formerly occupied by Owen’s Bagels.
“Our mission is to serve you affordable food that is made with love,” said local owner Leila Zhu. “Silverlake embodies the free spirit and casual vibe of Los Angeles. Cooked up by two chefs who drove their love for noodles and ramen.”
Food: Jitaek Lim and Thomas Aono are the chefs behind the menu, which features a combination of authentic and out-of-the-box ramen dishes. Expect appetizers, rice bowls, and ramen created with made-from-scratch ingredients. There are vegetarian options.
Signature dishes include “The Blaze,” a spicy tonkotsu ramen bowl with your choice of protein, spicy pork broth, bean sprouts, spinach, green onion, seaweed, and egg. Silverlake is also known for its pork belly.
- Edamame – soy beans with Yuzu salt
- Crispy Rice with Spicy Tuna – avocado, jalapeño and eel sauce
- Crispy Chicken Karaage – deep-friend chicken and spicy aioli
- Seaweed Salad – baby greens, kale, spring mix, cabbage, corn and seaweed salad
- Gyoza (grilled or fried) – handmade juicy pork dumplings
- Pork Bun – marinated pork belly, pickled onion and green onion
- Soboro Bowl – ground chicken with scrambled egg and green onion over rice
- Chicken Karaage Bowl – deep-fried chicken, teriyaki sauce, spicy aioli and green onion
- Mabo Tofu Bowl – tofu, eggplant and mushroom in spicy soy bean sauce with green onion
- Spicy Tuna – spicy tuna, mixed greens, fried onion and avocado
- Pork Bowl – pork belly, pickled onion, green onion, fried jalapeño and soft boiled egg
Ramen: All dishes (except vegetarian) are served with your choice of protein pork/chicken/tofu.
- The Blaze – spicy tonkotsu with spicy creamy pork broth, bean sprouts, spinach, green onion, seaweed and egg
- Tsukemen – dippin’ noodles with creamy pork and fish broth, bean sprouts, lime, green onion, seaweed and egg
- Mazemen – no-broth ramen cold noodles with seasoned thick noodles served cold with ground chicken, pickled red onion, green onion, cucumber, bamboo and topped with an egg and shredded seaweed
- The Classic – tonkotsu with creamy pork broth, bean sprouts, spinach, green onion, seaweed, black garlic aioli and egg
- The Shoyu – clear chicken broth with shoyu, bamboo shoots, spinach, green onion, seaweed and egg
- The Veggie – vegetable broth with miso base, bean sprouts, corn, mushrooms, tofu, broccolini, baby greens, kale, red cabbage and avocado
- The Shoyu on Fire – spicy clear chicken broth with shoyu, green onion, corn, seaweed, lime, japaleño and egg
Hours: Silverlake opens at 5 p.m. on Friday, September 25. After that, it will be open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
Location: The exact address is 2041 South Boulevard in The Avenues at Atherton shopping center.
Looking for more outdoor dining in Charlotte? Here’s the 18 restaurants and bars with the best patios.