Director, HR Strategy – Sales and Pro Services
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to serve as a consultant in the development and execution of human capital strategies within a business function. This includes responsibility for anticipating and analyzing problems, developing and implementing solutions, collaborating with business leadership, influencing business strategy and managing and supervising a team of HR managers and HR professionals. This role develops and implements HR solutions that drive overall business performance and employee engagement.
• Contributes in the creation of HR Business plans with leadership teams and HR COEs to ensure that each plan has attainable and measurable goals.
• Reviews potential issues at the individual and team level and, in partnership with internal COEs, develops and executes solutions that addresses future issues and enables the success of the business plan at the individual level.
• Supports leaders, based on the strategic plan and future direction of the organization, in the development of effective talent action plans.
• Leads the management of talent pools at the business level and plays an active role in the design and implementation of talent mobility processes that encourage cross-functional movement.
• Supports diversity efforts to ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• May guide a team that consists of HR Directors, Managers and Professionals who support the portfolio of HR services within assigned client area.
• Provides direction and supports subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring their development, to guide them in the effective creation of deliverables.
• Assists in connecting people through various mediums to build relationships within the function and across the organization.
• Works with business leaders to initiate change that is needed, understands the impact of the change and designs the work, the processes, the systems and the practices needed to sustain the change.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or related field.
• 6-8 years experience interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes.
• Experience in an HR generalist role.
• Experience managing and supervising a team.
• Experience interacting with Executive leadership.
• Experience workforce planning, succession planning and career development planning.
Master’s Degree in HR, Business or related field.
4-6 years experience interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes.
Experience in an HR generalist role.
Experience managing and supervising a team.
Experience interacting with Executive leadership.
Experience workforce planning, succession planning and career development planning.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.