Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to create and maintain visual content and elements for various Lowe’s.com and other digital properties (mobile, tablets, etc.). This position is responsible for design at both the macro and micro-level, from individual page elements to full-page layouts and user path/funnel progressions.
• Creates and maintains visual content and elements, including banners, buttons, mastheads and/or page layouts, for various Lowe’s.com and other digital properties (mobile, tablets, etc.), maintaining responsibility for design at both the macro- and micro-level, from individual page elements to full-page layouts and user path/funnel progressions.
• Maintains knowledge of user-interface and information architecture principles and how to design complex web interactions in a simple and intuitive manner.
• Responsible for the creation of static graphic elements to be ingested by our Digital Asset Management System as well as full-page layout construction in our Content Management System, depending on the project.
• Collaborates directly with Lowes.com UX, Marketing, Traffic Management, Promotions and Product Owners to create, develop and deliver visually appealing experiences and banners.
• Coordinates availability and project statuses with Traffic Manager.
• Works with Lowes.com Copy and Promotions teams to ensure that quality and correct work is delivered on time.
Education and experience:
• Associate’s Degree in Visual Design, Web Design, Digital Design, Fine Arts or similar or 3 years of experience designing for the web.
• Experience with Adobe’s Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Design, Web Design, Digital Design, Fine Arts or similar.
• 2 years of experience in a Corporate or Agency Environment or 5 years of experience designing for the web.
• 3+ years of experience with Adobe’s Creative Suite.
• Experience with Adobe CQ Content Management System.
• Experience with Scene7 Digital Asset Management.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.