Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist the Merchant in delivering on the go-to-market strategy and support merchandising activities to ensure operational excellence in the division. The Merchandising Specialist is responsible for executing decisions made by Merchants, including but not limited to setting-up vendors, setting up new items, inputting costs, approving planograms, stocking and non-stocking items and ensuring accuracy of the stocking matrix for new and remerch stores. The MS is the primary contact for stores and vendors and a liaison to all internal support functions for Merchandising, including Marketing, Online, Supply Chain, Accounting and Pricing.
• Under the direction of the merchant, the MS maintains product data integrity within Lowe’s designated software systems (i.e. store product authorization, product assignment, product costs, product specifications, vendor agreement) to ensure that all product costs, product specifications and vendor agreements are accurate.
• Reviews all pricing and invoicing discrepancies to determine where issues occurred, how to resolve them and the cost for resolution.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all Lowe’s policies and procedures as well as industry standards and compliance needs for assigned product areas (i.e. MAPP Pricing, Energy Star, BPA) to ensure Lowe’s is not at significant risk.
• Assists with the onboarding of vendors, serving as the vendor’s first point of contact for any set-up related questions and coordinates internally with various functions (Legal, Accounting, etc.) to execute the onboarding process.
• The MS creates, pulls and supplies reporting to Merchants.
• Handles daily requests from stores and communicates these requests to the appropriate Fulfillment Specialists so products can be ordered.
• Reviews blueprints and planograms for accuracy and compliance with programs and executes in accordance to the merchant strategy.
• Implements new product and vendor programs.
• Maintains the integrity of merchandising processes and data.
• Acts as a merchandising point of contact.
• Review pricing and PO invoice discrepancies and vendor chargebacks if necessary.
Education and experience:
• H.S. Diploma and 2 years experience in customer-facing role, corporate retail or other project coordination role OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
• Experience working on a computer.
• Ability to be organized and prioritize tasks.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• 4 years experience in customer-facing role, corporate retail or other project coordination role.
• 2 years experience in Lowe’s stores.