Inside Sales Center (Guest Experience Center) Team Manager
Sonic Automotive offers world-class, industry-leading employee perks and aggressive compensation packages. Why? Because we know the better we treat you, the better you will treat our customers. Once you join our Sonic Sales Team we want you to have compelling reasons to stay. And we want you to provide remarkable service to our customers so they continue doing business with us over and over again – and refer other business to us as well.
The Inside Sales Center (Guest Experience Center) Team Manager is responsible for promoting the Guest Experience Center benchmark KPI attainment and best practices through building GEC Agent skill set, monitoring Agent activity, coaching to Center’s playbook guidelines, daily training, corrective action and being stewards of positive culture building. Demonstrating an aptitude for facilitating teamwork while managing Agent’s individual daily, weekly and monthly performance goals.
• Supervise a team (up to 20 Agents) of automotive retail call center Agents.
• Be a positive culture leader of the Guest Experience Center.
• Hosting individual and group coaching sessions that complement the centers objectives.
• Be available for real time guest interaction via phone or chat channels using MBWA (Management by walking around) method to advance scheduling an appointment and agent proficiency through OJT.
• Develop and distribute Agent work schedule to provide adequate staffing for operational effectiveness.
• Maintain healthy working relationship with associates at GEC and supported stores.
• Maintain Agent performance expectations, work plan execution and corrective action.
• Proactively identifying Agent’s personal strengths and weakness to modify approach that best serves their individual growth.
• Promoting continual improvement of Agent to guest interaction that delivers Sonic’s “Best place to work and shop” experience.
• Deliver ongoing agent training on Guest Experience Center playbook requirements as essential position expectations.
• Making business decisions which directly impact success of GEC supported store sales budget attainment.
• Collaborate with Center leadership to address and implement agreed upon improvements for future growth.
• Approve or deny Agent PTO requests.
• Participate in Agent interview, hiring and onboarding process.
• Develop proficiency to provide accurate purchase and lease quotes for guests requiring information prior to dealership visit.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to monitor and record improvements in performance.
• Prior experience or involvement in: sales training, leadership development and customer/client service
• Presentation/coaching skills.
• Strong leadership, creativity and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to provide feedback and demonstrate a variety of coaching methods.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
• High level of proficiency with eLead CRM.
• Adaptable to new technology platforms.
• Strong attention to detail.
• High school or college diploma or the equivalent. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Professional personal appearance. Excellent communication skills. Ability to meet company’s production and quality standards.
• Experience in a sales or Business Development Center (BDC). Sonic Automotive GEC experience is preferred.
• Retail automotive industry knowledge preferred.
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
• All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
• All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report and valid driver license.