Senior UX/UI Product Designer
Come join the SentryOne team and help accelerate the growth of the hottest software company in Charlotte. We’re the one that makes SQL databases run faster and better with our suite of software programs. SQL is the default choice for any company running data analysis. Because the amount of data is growing at a rate of 100% every two years, this market is massive and ripe with opportunity. SentryOne has been growing at high double-digit rates for many years with a goal to exceed $100M in sales within the next three years.
SentryOne is hiring a Senior Product Designer to join us in fulfilling our purpose of improving the quality of life for Microsoft Data Professionals and their customers. SentryOne has built powerful tools for DBAs and other data professionals for 18 years. We’re at a critical inflection point in our story. Our first 15 years of growth were driven by customizable desktop tools for power users. Our new SentryOne Cloud offerings make our award-winning technical capabilities available to even more users and support organizations as they migrate their database workloads to cloud platforms like AWS and Azure. We are a small company with an incredible customer base, a diverse and growing technical team, strong relationships with the SQL Server community and a culture that values work/life balance and collaboration.
The Senior Product Designer will work with the creative, product and engineering teams to design and deliver the customer experiences that will take our business to the next level. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this is a critical role in SentryOne’s evolution to the cloud. This individual will be responsible for the full range of product design activities including idea generation, research, design, testing and measurement.
In the first three months, this role will focus on refining our new Cloud offerings, SentryOne Monitor and SentryOne Document. Future projects will include the design of new product offerings and new web-based experiences for existing desktop products.
Product Design is a relatively new function with strong executive support and a lot of growth potential at SentryOne. To succeed in this role requires a mix of user research and design skills and the ability to educate a diverse group of stakeholders on design methods and tools. You’ll be able to tap into deep domain knowledge across the organization, including our highly engaged customer success team. Your opportunity is to help us inject our technical knowledge and customer empathy directly into our products so that customers can get started and see results quickly and easily.
Duties and essential job functions:
• Complete product experience cycle: plan and conduct user research, design based on the results, deliver information architecture, wireframes and on-brand high-definition visual designs in an Agile product development process.
• Create product designs that support and enhance SentryOne’s visual and brand identity and make SentryOne’s technical capabilities accessible to users of all skill levels.
• Conduct user research including interviews, surveys, usability testing, etc.
• Develop and implement consistent approaches to telemetry, onboarding and guidance across SentryOne products.
• Effectively communicate product design strategy and results across the organization, building enthusiasm and appreciation for Product Design’s contribution to SentryOne’s success.
• Customer focus. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
• Creative and innovative thinking. Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
• Researching information. Identifies, collects and organizes data for analysis and decision-making.
• Problem-solving. Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
• Influencing others. Inspires and persuades others to voluntarily follow direction, pursue and achieve goals and adopt new positions or opinions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of UX work experience, preferably including technical products for technical users (IT, developers, etc.).
• Strong portfolio of previous work including visual design and interactive design.
• Experience in information design and data visualization, with a demonstrated ability to clearly express complex information.
• Strong presentation and stakeholder communication skills, particularly guiding groups through the process of making data-driven decisions.
• Working knowledge of Material Design.
• Experience creating wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and clickable prototypes.
• Experience performing user research and presenting results.
• Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
• Comfortable working with teams using Scrum.
Benefits and perks:
• Free catered lunches on Friday.
• Outstanding benefits package including a 401K matching, generous PTO and monthly wellness benefit.
• On-site fitness center with top-end (Peloton and Rogue) equipment.
• Casual office environment.
Why work with us:
We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth while empowering our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun and continue our track record as of one of Charlotte’s best places to work along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to challenge you and advance your career – look no further than SentryOne!
SentryOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer