Service Desk Technician
Are you looking for a tech-savvy company that values continuing education and provides an opportunity to work from home? We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 95 years and we are looking to add to our team. As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
We are currently looking for Service Desk Technician who will be primarily responsible for first-level helpdesk and PC support for the CEENTA network. With a firm grasp of PC hardware, desktop OS and major office productivity applications, they communicate with end-users and the team to assist in solving problems via phone and in person. This is a full-time nonexempt position and is located primarily on our McAlpine office (off Monroe Road in Charlotte, NC). After a probationary period, there is opportunity to work remotely.
Essential job functions:
• Basic EMR application troubleshooting.
• PC troubleshooting to the component level.
• PC adds\moves.
• Active Directory administration.
• PC Imaging and configuration.
• Printer maintenance, troubleshooting and additions.
• Anti-virus administration.
• Spyware, Malware removal.
• Provide detailed documentation to resolve issues to provide reference material.
• Remote PC troubleshooting.
• General phone and on-site technical support.
• Travel to remote sites as needed.
• Reliability and dependability. Dependability and trustworthiness. Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality.
• Customer service. Demonstrate exemplary customer service to ensure a positive patient experience.
• Information collection and management. Able to collect, organize and monitor patient information and clinical data accurately and efficiently. This data includes Protected Health Information (PHI), which must be handled in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Adaptability. Openness to different and new ways of doing things, willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things and demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures and technology.
• Organizational skills. Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities. Schedules and completes tasks in an appropriate time span.
• Technical knowledge. Strong grasp of networking concepts and technologies and security fundamentals and developing new solutions with existing technology while acting as a technical expert in a specific area/program/application.
• Problem-solving skills. Utilize active listening skills to identify an user’s concerns, decipher the problem is and determine action steps to resolve the issue. The ability to identify the cause and effects of problems in the workplace by analyzing existing information to come up with appropriate solutions
• Written communication. Ability to document progressive steps to resolve issues and convey what necessary information succinctly and effectively by using concise, clear, appropriate language.
Qualifications, education and experience:
• Travel between offices to provide end-user support will be necessary for this role.
• A four-year degree strongly desired or 5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong understanding of PC hardware.
• Windows 7, Windows 10 desktop OS.
• Microsoft Office 2016 and 365.
• Printer Management.
• Basic Domain and TCP/IP knowledge and troubleshooting ability.
Certificates and license
• CompTia A+, Microsoft MCSA Windows 10 or other industry certifications are desired and a working knowledge of the EPIC EHR application is highly desirable.
Why work with us:
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA) has been a premier employer for nearly a century. CEENTA offers employees a competitive benefits package including;
• Full medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment.
• Dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
• Employer-matched 401(k).
• Generous ETO plan with 7 annual paid holidays.
• Discounts for the employee and their immediate family on services and goods provided at CEENTA.
CEENTA is an award-winning employer
• Healthiest Employers of Greater Charlotte, Charlotte Business Journal.
• Best Places to Work, Charlotte Business Journal.
• Top Work Places, Charlotte Observer.
• Practice of the Year, North Carolina Medical Group Management Association.
• CEENTA offers continuing education and opportunities for advancement within the company.