CEENTA was founded over 95 years ago and has grown to become one of the largest multi-specialty practices of its kind on the East Coast. Today, CEENTA has more than 100 providers in nearly 20 locations across the Carolinas. CEENTA provides comprehensive pediatric and adult eye, ear, nose and throat care and highly specialized care, too. These services include but are not limited to: audiology, allergy treatment, cataract surgery, cochlear implants, cornea diseases, diabetic eye care, glaucoma treatment, head and neck cancer, neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastics, optical and contact lenses, pediatric airway care, sleep medicine, thyroid treatment and voice and swallowing care.
Charlotte Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Associates (CEENTA) is seeking a licensed Optician to join our team in our Monroe, NC office. This position will focus on providing optical services to our patients.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Utilize Point of Sale and EMR software to input patient eyewear orders.
• Expedite patient frame and lens selection by informing patient of options.
• Verify correctness of Rx in prescription eyewear received from lab.
• Operate other optical equipment to facilitate manufacture of eyewear.
• Troubleshoot eyewear to eliminate patient concerns and adjust accordingly.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of opticianry.
• Maintain appearance of the optical dispensary.
• Evaluate and manage patient concerns with any issues with eyewear.
• Assist in training non-licensed optical staff.
• Reliability and dependability. Dependability and trustworthiness. Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality.
• Customer service. Demonstrate exemplary customer service to ensure a positive patient experience providing guidance utilizing expertise to meet the patient’s optical needs.
• Information collection and management. Able to collect, organize and monitor patient information and clinical data accurately and efficiently. This data includes Protected Health Information (PHI), which must be handled in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Personal and professional ethics. Must have integrity and honesty as this position is patient-facing. Adherence to professional ethics as delineated by CEENTA and federal regulations (e.g. HIPAA) is required. Recognizes patients’ rights and responsibilities and supports them in performance of job duties. Respects patients’ rights to privacy, dignity and confidentiality.
• Adaptability. Openness to different and new ways of doing things, willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things and demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures and technology.
• Organizational skills. Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities. Schedules and completes tasks in an appropriate time span.
• Professional competence. Participates in continuing education and other learning experiences. Shares knowledge gained in continuing education with staff. Maintains membership in relevant professional organizations. Seeks new learning experiences by accepting challenging opportunities and responsibilities.
• Patient facing communication. Ability to effectively communicate expectation of services and products and associated best practices for use and provide patient educational materials to provide guidance of optical maintenance and cleaning.
• Problem-solving. Utilizes expertise and product line knowledge to ensure 100% patient satisfaction in optical purchases and services.
Education and/or experience:
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)m Apprenticeship Program completed or 2-year Associates Degree in Ophthalmic Dispensing.
• Minimum of 2 or more years of working in an optical setting.
• 2 years of customer-centered sales experience strongly preferred.
• Other clinical sales experience may be substituted for optical experience at the discretion of management.
• History of superlative customer service.
• Customer service focused and results-driven.
• Strong people skills and able to adapt to a variety of communication styles to meet patient needs.
Why work with us:
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment and an employer matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service.
CEENTA offers employees a competitive benefits package
• Full medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment.
• Dental, short- and long-term disability and life insurance.
• Employer-matched 401(k).
• Generous ETO plan with 7 annual paid holidays.
• Discounts for the employee and their immediate family on services and goods provided at CEENTA.
CEENTA is an award-winning employer
• Healthiest Employers of Greater Charlotte, Charlotte Business Journal.
• Best Places to Work, Charlotte Business Journal.
• Top Work Places, Charlotte Observer.
• Practice of the Year, North Carolina Medical Group Management Association.
• CEENTA offers continuing education and opportunities for advancement within the company.
Forward resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.