Benefits and Leave of Absence Administrator
CEENTA was founded over 96 years ago and has grown to become one of the largest private multi-specialty practices of its kind on the East Coast. Today CEENTA has more than 140 providers in nearly 20 locations across the Carolinas. CEENTA provides comprehensive pediatric and adult eye, ear, nose and throat care and highly specialized care.
Are you looking for a career and not just a job? Do you enjoy the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you have a passion for your work and like surrounding yourself with like-minded team members? Are you interested in upward mobility with proven performance? If yes, we have an opportunity for you! Charlotte Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat Associates (CEENTA), PA is seeking an experienced Benefits and Leave of Absence Administrator to join the Human Resources team.
This position is responsible for the administration of all health and welfare benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, HSA, FSA, 401(k), profit sharing, COBRA and related plans as well as Leave of Absence requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention, particularly those arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state and local leave laws, in a fast-paced environment.
• Responds expeditiously to benefit inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, leave of absence inquiries, status changes and other general inquiries.
• Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all benefits enrollments and data transmission to vendors.
• Provides creative ways to update and educate employees on health and welfare programs and areas including the development of employee communications, website content and ideas to improve employee knowledge and engagement.
• Develops, updates and distributes all benefit and leave of absence materials and provides education in new hire orientation, open enrollment and on an as-needed basis. Prepares schedules and materials for the annual open enrollment process and helps deliver open enrollment meetings. Leads the Wellness Committee.
• Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and best practices documentation. Performs data integrity and compliance audits of benefits and leave of absence data as well as invoice reconciliation. Provides necessary benefits and leave of absence reports as needed.
• Reviews 401(k) hardship withdrawal and loan documentation to ensure compliance and manages 401(k)/Profit Sharing necessary actions.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all applicable benefits and leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA and state and local laws and ensures health and welfare benefits and leave of absence legal compliance including recommended revisions to leave policies and documents to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Communicates with employees regarding their needs for leave. Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave. Maintains reasonable communication with employees on their needs for leave and facilitates a smooth and timely return to work. Relays communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason.
• Working with the Leave of Absence vendor, oversees leave of absence requests and disability payments. Oversees a timely and accurate leave of absence life cycle (from initial notice to return to work). Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities. Ensures leaves of absence are compliantly designated and administered, medical certifications are requested and monitored and the interactive process is initiated, if needed and related.
• Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
• Related job responsibilities.
Required skills and abilities:
• An excellent work ethic with a minimum of two years’ experience successfully administering health and welfare benefits and leaves of absence using critical thinking and logic.
• Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills with proven competency in analytical problem solving, attention to detail, organizational skills, multi-tasking and approaching challenging matters with enthusiasm and creativity in a proactive matter.
• Thorough knowledge of leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA and other applicable laws including an understanding of the interactive ADA process and effectively administering it.
• Exhibits a professional demeanor with all employees and vendors on all levels to include executive management and ability to maintain constructive working relationships.
• Understands and commands the expertise to develop effective workflows and processes resulting in accuracy of reports and HRIS data.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ADP (preferred) or other HRIS benefits admin system.
Forward resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com.