Senior Intelligence Analyst – Strategic Services Group
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit our website.
The focus of this position is around the aggregation and analysis of data. The qualified applicant should be able to add valuable insights about the data for our customers. This position is not focused on database development or architecture. The ideal candidate would have SAS and/or SQL for data aggregation/linking. Manages highly sensitive and complex analytic initiatives supporting the development and execution of Atrium Health’s strategic roadmap. Focusing on Strategic Initiatives and working in collaboration with Strategic Services leaders, other Atrium Health executive and service line leaders, operates as a subject matter expert on advanced data domains critical to strategic, operational and financial results. Utilizing a variety of tools, creates clear and concise analyses and intelligence to guide system-level strategic decision making.
• Manages and executes multiple, concurrent projects with little supervision, working under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
• In collaboration with the client and other project team members, leads the development of the business needs and scope of the project, maintaining appropriate confidentiality of all information.
• Translates the defined business needs to a set of meaningful metrics and analytics.
• Integrates data from multiple data sources for analysis and leads the development of custom business rules and extended data to add value to the resulting analytics.
• Performs validation of the data and prepares data for current and future use cases.
• Analyzes data and creates value-added insights and durable solutions in support of the business need.
• Provides clear and concise written summaries of findings and methods in preparation for client deliverables.
• Reviews and/or prepares the deliverable for the client.
• The Senior Strategic Intelligence Analyst generally works in an office environment, sitting at a desk, working with a computer, talking on the telephone and preparing reports and other statistical data.
• Some of the time is spent in meetings at a variety of CHS facilities, making presentation and offering advice to System executives.
• On occasion, requires standing, walking and traveling in personal car to other facilities.
• Also, occasionally requires carrying of up to 25 pounds of materials (files, projectors, laptops).
• The position also requires the ability to work rapidly and accurately under pressure, to work in a safe and effective manner and to handle different issues and priorities simultaneously.
Education, experience and certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare, Technology or Analytics-related field from an accredited college or university is required.
• Masters degree in Business, Healthcare, Technology or Analytics-related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in healthcare or business analytics setting required.
• 5+ years of experience in a healthcare or business analytics setting is preferred. Prior experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools is required.
• Prior experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, McKesson Performance Analytics, Power BI, SAS and SQL skills required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer.