Marketing Data Analyst (HIRED)
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
The Marketing Data Analyst will be accountable for building actionable value-based customer segment intelligence to support the acquisition, growth and engagement of customers and achievement of our top and bottom-line goals. The analyst will interact with business stakeholders across many departments to allow for the effective communication and consumption of actionable findings and recommendations. Additionally, this person will be the primary owner and driver of data science projects which are aimed at improving our understanding of customer behavior and our ability to predict what customers need from LendingTree.
• Employs basic to complex research, data mining and data analytic methods to identify customer level opportunities.
• Perform ad hoc and recurring analyses on customer segments, lifetime value and marketing tests.
Data science management
• Lead data science projects from ideation through execution.
• Partner with Data Scientists to enhance targeting capabilities, accuracy and precision.
• Design tests to validate and optimize data science models.
Customer-level cross channel marketing
• Work with cross channel stakeholders to identify valuable customer segments and deliver these segments for execution.
• Communicate results of customer level testing to stakeholders around the company to share learning and optimize segmentation strategy.
• Take complex ideas and information and translate these into an understandable and actionable set of recommendations and findings.
• Basic knowledge of paid marketing tactics and economics including, Search Engine Marketing, Social, Display and Native.
• Strong data mining and data management capabilities.
• 3+ years of SQL experience.
• 1+ years experience using Python.
• Experience delivering actionable insights to marketing teams.
• Advanced capability in using Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups of stakeholders.
• Establishing and prioritizing opportunities effectively.
• Building strong business cases using sound business judgment.
• Communicating well with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Knowledge of running paid search campaigns on Google, Yahoo and Bing a plus.
• Experience with APIs a plus.
• Experience with machine learning a plus (e.g. LASSO Regression, Random Forests, GBM, ARIMA, Data Clustering).
Our clothes are casual and relaxed and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion, we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.