Marketing Activation and Sponsorships Manager (HIRED)
On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation (“Truist”). The merger is subject to regulatory approval and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing.
What you will do:
• Develops and implements plans to execute business and enterprise marketing strategies and plans.
• Works with Client Marketing Management, Centers of Excellence and business leaders and managers, to deliver marketing programs to clients and prospects in local business markets.
• May partner with segment and function teams to ensure teammates are adequately prepared to promote Truist’s products/services.
• Identifies, researches, analyzes, recommends and maximizes sponsorship opportunities (e.g., nonprofit organizations, goodwill, community reinvestment, sports teams, arts and entertainment, events, media programs) to management.
• Develops and executes marketing and activation programs to support the advancement Truist’s goals and objectives including but not limited to programs that enhance teammate and client experience and promote community engagement and volunteerism.
• Senior professional role that applies in-depth knowledge within own professional discipline and a foundational understanding of concepts and principles of other related professional disciplines.
• Applies knowledge of best practices derived from experience to solve a range of complex technical and operational problems.
• Takes a new perspective on existing solutions to solve complex problems.
• Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
• Leads small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements, plays significant roles in larger, more complex initiatives.
• Impacts a range of client, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams.
• Explains and interprets complex, difficult or sensitive information.
• Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience.
• Works independently and receives minimal guidance.
• May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• In-depth knowledge of principles, practices, theories and/or methodologies associated with the Marketing discipline.
• Understands foundational concepts of other related professional disciplines.
• Experience managing projects or project workstreams.
• Knowledge of the industry’s competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate Truist and its competitors in the market.
• Working knowledge of contracts and legal processes.
• Ability to interpret and explain complex information to a range of audiences and build consensus among different stakeholders.
• Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
• Master’s degree or MBA and 6 years of related experience.
• Previous experience in the banking industry.