Product Development Assistant
Towne & Reese launched its first collection of jewelry in 2010 to independent retailers at the Atlanta Gift Market. The brand quickly gained momentum and became known for its trendy yet affordable pieces. After focusing on the independent retailers for many seasons, Towne & Reese began selling to department stores in 2014. The business has since expanded into soft goods (scarves, ponchos, ruanas, etc) and has evolved to focus solely on department stores and key account businesses with the majority being under private label brands. Towne & Reese produces roughly 250 skus each month for these different brands. We are looking to hire a Product Development Assistant to aid the Production and Sales Teams in developing a portion of these skus – specifically related to the Towne & Reese soft goods business.
The Product Development Assistant will work with the Sales Manager to help develop new soft goods styles for each season as well as manage soft goods development samples among all factories. The Product Development Assistant will also be responsible for assisting the Production Manager in overseeing soft goods approval samples that are currently in production. This person needs to have a keen sense of design and detail as well as have strong communication skills and be comfortable multitasking and working under tight timelines. This position will report to both the Production Manager and Sales Manager.
• Assist in new development concepting and inspiration for trend-right soft goods.
• Review all soft goods development samples as they are received from the factories in a timely manner and ensure the concepts were executed correctly.
• Label and ship all samples to customers for approval.
• Track customer sample approvals and follow up as needed.
• Photograph and assign sku numbers to new development samples, organize and store by style type.
• Help prepare for customer presentations in the form of linesheets and merchandising.
• Breakdown and organize presentations after meetings.
• 1-2 years in buying, marketing, retail or related role.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Shows ability to be flexible and exercises common sense and good judgment.
• Demonstrates initiative, assertiveness and is ready to take on any assignments, while working as part of a team.
• Possesses strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, Google Sheets; Adobe programs a plus.
• Willingness to learn and be flexible.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.