Pro Bono and Community Engagement Specialist
Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy, a non-profit provider of civil legal assistance to low-income people in the Charlotte area, seeks a Pro Bono and Community Engagement professional.
The employee is responsible for recruiting and supporting attorney volunteers for both the Advocacy Center and for the Legal Aid of North Carolina (LANC) Charlotte office through the Access to Justice Pro Bono Partners Program, for coordinating non-attorney volunteers for the Advocacy Center and for a broader range of community engagement and outreach activities for the Advocacy Center.
The Advocacy Center is funded by contributions from individuals and law firms, the United Way of Central Carolinas, grants from federal, state, local government and private foundation and client fees but receives no Legal Services Corporation funds. More information about the Advocacy Center can be found at our website.
• Experience working with the legal community preferred but not required.
• Law degree, college degree, paralegal certification or equivalent experience.
• Commitment to working with low-income people.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication.
• Project planning and management ability.
• Strong interpersonal, relationship and collaborative skills.
• Self-motivated and dependable.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data management software.
• Salary depending on experience.
• Generous leave and benefits.