Accounting & Tax Manager
We are a fast-growing and progressive public accounting firm with a sleek business model looking for more than just a CPA or accountant. We are looking for innovative thinkers that want to join our executive team, analyzing ways to improve work experience for our team as well as customer service for clients. Together, we’ll create a firm of the future through a positive, healthy work culture.
The successful candidate will demonstrate polished communications skills, a professional and positive attitude and confident command of accounting rules and tax law.
• Prepares and ensures the accuracy of individual and business tax filings.
• Informs, guides and advises clients on tax and financial planning.
• Identifies and communicates ethical strategies for clients to mitigate tax liabilities.
• Provides Mentorship and Management for the Tax Associate role.
• Reviews monthly accounting reports and financials.
• Provides business advisory services to client base, researching, analyzing and developing best practice and strategies for business clients.
• Conducts new and established client meetings.
• Maintains current clients and identifies future clients through a natural and positive rapport.
• Displays analytical skills by ensuring consistency and completeness of tax information.
• Records and reports client information in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintains the stability and reputation of the firm by complying with ethical and legal requirements.
• Contributes to team cohesion by creating a positive morale and enhancing the firm culture.
• Oversight of month-end accounting procedures for assigned accounting clients (month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, review of account detail).
• Review and provide monthly financial statements for assigned accounting service clients, in a timely manner.
• Provide fractional CFO level services for business clients such as cost analysis, revenue projections, cash flow analysis, etc.
• Communication with assigned accounting clients: Email and phone support and conducts established accounting client meetings as required.
• 1040, 1120, 1120-S and 1065 filings.
• Excel and data analysis.
• Report and project presentation.
• Book-to-tax year-end adjustments.
• Accounting software.
• Microsoft Office.
• Masters of Accountancy.
• Strong understanding of individual and business tax legalities.
• Professional oral and written communication skills.
• Able to work efficiently and independently.
• Able to work well in a team setting.
• Interest in personal and professional development.
• Strong ethical compass.
• Certified Public Accounting License.
• 6+ years professional work experience.
• 3+ years accounting/tax preparation experience in regional, public accounting field.
• Competitive salary.
• Full benefits package.
• 401K matching.
• Continual education opportunities.
• Career growth opportunities.
• Flexible hours.
Email C/V and references to Becky@fisheraccountants.com.