Central Piedmont Community College is Mecklenburg County’s resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, Central Piedmont is in close proximity to the Queen City’s growing greenway project, professional sports arenas and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 70,000 students call Central Piedmont home, making it the largest community college in the Carolinas and a job training powerhouse as it strives to be the national leader in workforce development.
This full-time position supports and enhances external communications initiatives to improve how the college connects with employees, students/parents, prospective students/parents and community members through social media communication and multimedia marketing efforts.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities:
• Serves at the college’s chief social media strategist and content creator/developer. Writes copy, takes photos, generates graphics that meet the college’s brand guidelines and produces video for college social media postings.
• Develops the overall college social media strategy through the execution and implementation of social media communication. Creates schedules, supports goals and timelines for social media communication/marketing efforts.
• Produces short and long-form videos for Instagram Stories, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Produces feature style videos, live in-classroom videos and promotional style program feature videos.
• Oversees the college’s social media style guide and contributes to and helps enforce the college’s overall digital style guide. Monitors official college social media communications for accurate and consistent compliance with the standards of the college’s brand style guide.
• Collaborates with the CMPR team to conceptualize and develop communications/marketing plans to utilize digital and social media channels and to create online/social media content (including, but not limited, tweets, status updates, photos and interactive videos) to support social media goals.
• Works closely with CMPR team to reuse and align social media content across multiple channels, including the college’s website, internal and external newsletters, annual publications, etc.
• Collaborates with CMPR leaders to manage the college’s reputation and brand online while creating and maintaining open lines of communication with digital community members.
• Maintains knowledge of current industry practices to make recommendations as related to information design and monitors competitive environment (often using analytics) to improve/grow the college’s social media presence.
• Writes and edits assigned college online content, which may include copy for webpages, social media messages, e-newsletters and bulk communication (email, email marketing, text, etc).
• Proofreads assigned marketing communications as requested.
• Assists CMPR leaders with implementing the crisis communication plan during a critical event/emergency.
• Manages a team of interns, oversees a content editorial calendar and identifies key influencers to positively promote the Central Piedmont brand authentically
• Serves on committees as assigned
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and characteristics:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with social media platforms (including but not limited) to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn.
• Experience with utilizing and leveraging social media management and analytical tools including but not limited to Hoot Suite and Sprout Social.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to work with others in a team environment.
• Attention to details.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal, collaborative and team-building skills.
• Video producing/editing skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 4-6 years of related work experience in social media communications and marketing.
• A completed Central Piedmont application must be completed on-line. During the online application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
• College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the “additional documents” section of the application process.
• Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to 704.330.6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
• All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
• Salary for this position is $47,817 – $74,118 – initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Pay grade for this position is L.
• Contract type is Administrative.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position.
• All positions are subject to budget approval.
• Central Piedmont offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the employment application process may contact the Office of Human Resources at 704.330.6631.