Foundation Research Associates (FRA) is the preferred resource for professionals seeking cutting-edge information on the next wave of business opportunities in the areas of finance, law enforcement, government, legal and compliance. FRA produces more than 40 conferences annually, focused on sophisticated topics and ample networking opportunities for thousands of executives from mid- to senior-level and C-suite. Our team of subject matter experts is often first to market with emerging topics and we pride ourselves on consistently delivering on top-quality operations and logistics to produce a seamless event.
Founded in 2001 as Financial Research Associates, the company is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and has expanded its financial roots to serve a multitude of industries under the name Foundation Research Associates – including but not limited to finance, law enforcement, government, legal and compliance. FRA operates alongside its counterpart, RISE, which serves the healthcare community in a similar capacity.
The Accounting Associate will assist the Finance Manager in both accounting and operations.
• Handle conference registration changes in Cvent (cancellations, vouchers, transfers, remove from mailing list, etc) as well as conference announcements to attendees via email.
• Collect, submit, and follow up on vendor invoices, ensure payments are made timely.
• Collect payments from invoiced unpaid delegates and sponsors.
• Reconcile corporate credit cards on a monthly basis.
• Support Managing Director and Leadership team as required.
• Handle internal and external client inquiries and issues via phone calls, emails, and faxes with minimal supervision and with the highest level of customer service and integrity.
• Assist with booking employee travel.
• Able to plan and structure workday to handle normal workflow and non-routine assignments
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Additional tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and skillsets:
• Self-starter and results-oriented.
• Accounting experience – AP, AR, credit card statement reconciliations.
• Strong and professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Task manager with organizational skills to prioritize and multi-task.
• Mature, discreet and reliable personality.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice.
• Proficient in MS office suite with an excellent understanding of Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Detailed organizational skills a must.
• Strong work ethic with stable work history.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with diverse personalities, must be outgoing and engaging.
• Positive “can-do” attitude.
Education and/or experience:
• A bachelor’s degree preferred, minimum Associates Degree.
• 2 years of accounting/administrative experience.
• Stellar computer skills (MS Office) and general office abilities.
• Billing and collections.
• Healthcare, Dental, Life Insurance and 401K.
• Full-time postition.
• A relaxed, casual work environment with great teams.
• This is a base salary position.
Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.