Charlotte Pride is the leader in LGBTQ visibility in Charlotte and the Carolinas. Charlotte Pride is seeking an intersectional, experienced part-time Programs Associate to be an essential part of the successful implementation of Charlotte Pride programming.Our Programs Associate will act as a member of Charlotte Pride’s staff and planning teams, working to ensure the development of thoughtful, intentional programming to uplift the LGBTQ community of Charlotte and the surrounding regions. Our Programs Associate will directly report to the Programs Director and will work closely with Board of Directors, all staff, volunteers and partners.
• Programs Associate will work to take ownership of a portion of the programs of Charlotte Pride including, but not limited to;
– 2020 NERP/POSE InterPride Conference.
– Latinx Pride.
– Reel Out Charlotte.
– Scholarship Program.
– Trans Pride.
– Women’s Pride.
• Recruit, organize and coordinate volunteers to effectively manage program tasks and goals.
• Host info sessions and team meetings for organizational programs, leading conversation and taking community input on event and program outcomes.
• Manage individual event planning from inception to execution.
• A particular focus of this role will include event management, including development of workshops/schedule, management of registrations and reservations and more.
What the first 30 days looks like
• Work directly with staff to gain understanding of organization and Associate role goals.
• Begin meeting with all organizational key volunteers and partners.
• Begin planning for new, inventive ideas for organizational programs.
What the first 60 days looks like
• Display a near-complete understanding of organizational structure, goals and programs.
• With Programs Director supervision, begin executing events and programs to help uplift intentional outreach communities.
Who we are looking for:
• Charlotte Pride welcomes all applicants and is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage women, transgender and Latinx identified individuals to apply.
• Be a passionate, motivated person who wants to uplift and make the LGBTQ community.
• Someone working with an intersectional, intentional lens.
• Someone who enjoys collaboration with community partners and other organizations.
• A person with a demonstrated history of working with diverse, multicultural organizations.
• A person experienced with working with volunteers and handling delicate situations with care.
• Someone willing to work beyond standard work hours for major programs and events.
• A self-starter with flexible scheduling, able to coordinate in-person with staff and also work remotely when necessary.
• Of 20 hours per week, Associate will work approximately 10 hours in office.
• An experienced programming coordinator, dedicated to detail-oriented and thoughtful work, able to balance a variety of focuses and produce high-quality work.
• Preference may be given to individuals who are multilingual, particularly those who speak and write Spanish fluently.
• Compensation for this role will be between $16,000-$20,000/salaried annually dependent on experience.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.