Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we’re best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) — all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we’ve added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
If you’re motivated by growth and impact, Credit Karma is one of the best places to work in tech today. We’re growing our product beyond credit scores (e.g. Credit Karma Tax) and are well-positioned to become the main touchpoint for consumer finance. As a member of the Brand and Communications Team, you’ll be part of a multidisciplinary group of strategic thinkers, storytellers, designers and brand professionals.
We’re looking for a talented mid-level Copywriter to help us create marketing communications and campaigns. If you’re open-minded, creative and a passionate writer, who wants to connect with 100+ million users, we’d like to hear from you.
What you will do:
• Concept ideas and develop highly engaging copy for campaigns across a variety of channels—including digital, email, social, web pages and digital video.
• Leverage our tone of voice and brand style guidelines in unique ways, while ensuring creative work is on brief, on brand and has a seamless user experience.
• Collaborate with creative strategists, brand strategists, performance marketers and product teams throughout the creative process and present creative work to key stakeholders.
What we expect:
• A keen storyteller who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across digital touch-points.
• You love a no-holds-barred brainstorm as much as diving into the details. You know how to switch gears between big ideas and practical execution.
• You have a can-do attitude, with experience both leading creative projects and digging in yourself.
• You’re a productive communicator who’s comfortable presenting for your point of view in a candid, feedback-driven culture.
• You’re able to partner with researchers to hone in on and define strong messaging targeted at a diverse audience.
Qualifications and mandatories:
• 4+ years experience as a Copywriter for a variety of consumer brands.
• A portfolio showing a variety of digital copywriting examples, preferably with a campaign focus.
• Mastery of AP style and the confidence to know when to break the rules.
• A keen sense of empathy for the financial industry and a burning curiosity about where it’s headed.
• Degree in English, Journalism or Communications—or insanely passionate about creative writing.